Sunday, December 26, 2010

Book vs Movie: Confessions of a Shopaholic

 

I first read the book The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic when I started college, three years ago. It was recommended by some very good friends of mine and I thought "why not?". I should also mention it was my first chick-lit book and if you're a chick-lit newbie, I'd recommend Kinsella's books. They're funny as hell and easy to read and very well written.

But back to the book. I really liked Becky. I think there's a shopaholic in all of us., no matter what we buy. Some buy clothes, some buy purses or hats or accessories or books, but we always buy. And Luke...*sigh* I loved him. Still do, actually. He's a successful guy AND he looks good, so what could a girl want more?

When I found out that they were going to make a movie based on the Shopaholic series I was excited, like all the Kinsella fans. I was curious: who were the actors, what scenes will be kept and what scenes weren't going to make it in the movie, where was it going to be filmed and many other questions.

There are many differences between the movie version and the book version: Becky isn't from London, Luke is her boss and a magazine editor, Becky is an only child and many other differences.

What I noticed though was the fact that the movie was just as funny as the books and that it had some of the more important scenes, like Luke buying Becky's scarf at the auction, at the end of the movie.

I also liked the actors they picked. I think they did a great job.

I don't know what to choose, book over movie or movie over book. They were both good and enjoyable. The only thing that I missed in the movie were the Becky-Luke moments from the books. There were more scenes that I would've loved to see with them, but maybe they would've made the movie last too long. Either way, I enjoyed both versions and I can't wait to see if they're going to make another movie based on one of Kinsella's books.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...