Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Teaser Tuesday

   







Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!




This week I have two teasers. The first one is from a book I've had on my TBR list for about 5 years. At that moment I loved the cover (which is so simple, compared to my usual cover crushes) and I had to buy it. I trie to read it a few times, but I guess I needed to "grow up" as a reader to enjoy it properly. Anyway, the book is called The Poisoned Chalice and it's written by Bernard Knight. Here's the teaser:

The Poisoned Chalice (Crowner John Mystery #2)


The old soldier shrugged, his lined face wooden. He was not going to get involved in the well-known power struggle between Sir John and the sheriff, whatever his own personal sympathies.






My second teaser this week is from another book I'm reading, The Dragonslayer's Sword by Resa Nelson. I always get distracted by that cover. I love it! Here's the teaser:


The Dragonslayer's Sword



Donel’s smile was charming and convincing. “You can’t resist me. If anyone can change your heart, it’s me. I’m not giving up on you, Mistress Blacksmith.”




These are my teasers this week. I hope you liked them. What are your teasers this week?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...