Monday, December 17, 2012

12 Days of 2012: Day 1 Best Covers of 2012

I don't know if I said this before, but I love lists. I didn't use to make lists when I was a kid or a teenager, but about the same time I discovered I was obsessed in love with reading I started making lists. Looong lists. So I though I'd share the lists I made for this year. It has to do with books, I promise not to share any other lists. Anyway, for the next 12 days I'll share my "best of" things book related lists. It's about everything from best covers to best couple to anything you can imagine. So, let's start with Day 1.



Photobucket

BEST COVERS OF 2012



In no particular order, here are 10 of the prettiest covers I've seen this year (yes, it's for books published in 2012):

Paul Marron with red, vampire-ish eyes. I don't need a better reason than that. :D 






Lothaire - Kresley Cole (my review here)
Cowboy boots. Oh, and I'm sure I've mentioned the fact that I luuuuurve cartoon covers. I do, I love them.







Death On Heels - Ellen Byerrum (my review here)
Like when I first saw this cover, the bleeding eye is enough reason for me to love his cover. It's perfectly creepy, if it makes any sense. And the book is good :D






The Immortal Rules - Julie Kagawa (my review here)

I always love a pretty cover that makes the crafty side of my brain go "Ah-HAH!". That's what the design made me feel like when I first saw this cover (have I ever mentioned how much I love jewelry? Not necessarily gold, just jewelry in general and also, not the pricey stuff. I'm okay with any material, even plastic, as long as it's pretty and funky and unique)

I haven't yet read the book, so I don't know if my wish came true about one of the characters (I hope it did though). Anyway, it's a very cool cover :D



Thirteen - Kelley Armstrong 


Another cartoon cover, I know. It's just that they're so pretty! I love them.

Oh, and if you haven't yet read the book, you should. It's very funny :D





I've Got Your Number - Sophie Kinsella (my review here)
This is a very cool cover. The entire series has cool covers. I like the fact that it's all blue and white and maybe a tad black. But mostly blue and white. (I love blue)








A Feast Of Souls - Hailey Edwards (read my review here)
That is a very pretty...horse *grins* The horse is gorgeous! The male model isn't that close to how I pictured Reseph, but he comes very close  (*laughs* no pun intended. No, really, I'm serious)







Rogue Rider - Larissa Ione (read my review here)
Even though I didn't finish this book, I have to admit that this is a very, very pretty cover.






Velveteen - Daniel Marks








I think I stared at this cover a lot. It's very beautiful. I love the fact that there's a link between the cover art and the title. I haven't read the series yet, but the cover makes me want to.






A Beautiful Evil - Kelly Keaton
Maybe I've said this before, but this cover is so awesome. The more I look at it, the more I think about one of the promo posters for the TV show Revenge. And I love the fact that every time I look at the cover, I see new details. 













There are many, many more books with amazing covers that were published this year. I can't list them all, because this post would never end. But trust me, I loved a lot of covers. 


What covers did you like this year? What's your Top 10 list?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...