Monday, March 18, 2013

Obsessed With Covers #6: The Ward, Even in Darkness, Through the Zombie Glass

Y'all know how much I love a pretty cover. I think about...40% of the books that end up on my shelves (be they physical or digital) do so because of the covers. Call me shallow but you have to admit that a pretty, shiny cover will catch your eye faster than a dull, boring one. Two, simple rules that I'll follow:


  • 1, 2 or 3 (no more than 3, though) covers per week;
  • books should be new-ish; no more than 2 years old.
Oh, before I share the covers that made me drool or want to stare at them for hours and hours, I have to say something. This is a semi-original idea. Why semi? Because almost every book blogger has something similar. The only thing I came up with was the title. If by any chance there's another blogger with a similar feature with the same title, I assure you I'm not stealing your idea. I'm just THAT bad with titles. Believe me, I'd love to be smarter and have a witty name for this feature, but I don't. So, no copyright infringement/theft/steal or anything of the sort was desired. 

*all links and covers go to the Goodreads page of each book.

Photobucket


This cover reminds me of those 3D street paintings. The person (or people) who made this cover is a genius (or are). It's so beautiful and creepy and terrifying. I keep seeing the seemingly calm waters reflected in the title and I think "Boy, this has to be an awesome read". I added it to my TBR just because I'm curious to see if the book is as scary as the cover.













I think it's pretty impossible not to pick up this book if you're in a book shop/library and you're just browsing the shelves. The dancer made out of flames and smoke is so beautiful. And the cover fits the title perfectly, in my opinion. Sort of like her soul is so bright, you can see it everywhere and at any time. 















I adore this cover! I like that it's in the same creepy, scary note as the cover for the first book in the series. I love the chess pattern on the floor, I love the broken mirror behind her and how each shard shows a different side of her. Yes, they might look the same, but I have a feeling that each shard tells a different story. And I love the blue dress and the rabbit and the hat. I love it all. 









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...