Friday, June 28, 2013

Ch-ch-ch-changeees!

Hello everyone! Oh, how I've missed blogging! I know, bad blogger *blush* I won't go into details, but let's just say my life's so hectic, I don't even have time to sleep like a normal person. Which is why I'm going to make a few changes around here.

One of the most important change is that I am no longer accepting review requests. From anyone. I thought about it long and hard and I realized a few things.

  • One, I don't have time. I hate writing a post or a review just for the sake of getting it up here. I want to give you the best post I can write and with the time limitations that I have now, I can't. And I'd hate to accept a review request and make a bad job at reviewing it. :-(
  • Two, because I don't have enough time on my hands, I don't have time to read as much as I did. In June last year I was at my 60 books mark, this year I barely reach 30. I miss reading for days and not care about the "wasted" time, but for now it's not possible. 
  • Three, I want to stop experimenting with the genres I read for a little while. I am not complaining, don't get me wrong, but I want to read in my favorite genres for now. I will go back to experimenting, because I love finding new books and reading about things I've never read before, but not for now.
This doesn't mean I'll stop blogging, it doesn't mean I won't be requesting books for review from the authors I love and stalk a little too often, it just means I don't accept review requests. 

Other changes aren't as important as this one. There might be a short period of time in which my posts will be fewer, because I don't want to do memes every day and write 1 review a week, I feel that's not me being a book blogger. I will schedule reviews and posts ahead of time (not like I did the last time I said that, I swear. You'll see!), it's just that for at least a month I won't have posts every single day of the week.

I hope you had an amazing summer so far. Mine has been mostly cold, rainy and stressful. I'm waiting for hot summer days when I can do nothing but sit in a comfy chair and read *fingers crossed* 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...