Monday, July 15, 2013

Obsessed With Covers #9: Evertrue, Elusion, Cruel Beauty

Y'all know how much I love a pretty cover. I think about...40% of the books that end up on my shelves (be they physical or digital) do so because of the covers. Call me shallow but you have to admit that a pretty, shiny cover will catch your eye faster than a dull, boring one. Two, simple rules that I'll follow:


  • 1, 2 or 3 (no more than 3, though) covers per week;
  • books should be new-ish; no more than 2 years old.
Oh, before I share the covers that made me drool or want to stare at them for hours and hours, I have to say something. This is a semi-original idea. Why semi? Because almost every book blogger has something similar. The only thing I came up with was the title. If by any chance there's another blogger with a similar feature with the same title, I assure you I'm not stealing your idea. I'm just THAT bad with titles. Believe me, I'd love to be smarter and have a witty name for this feature, but I don't. So, no copyright infringement/theft/steal or anything of the sort was desired. All I can say is sorry :P

Photobucket

So, here are the prettiest covers I've seen this week.

Man, I can't even put into words how much I love this cover! It's just amazing! The dress that has a hint of glitter (I refuse to say it sparkles!) and that transforms into rows of big, fluffy clouds? Just gorgeous!











Evertrue by Brodi Ashton



A crystal ball that reveals a seemingly normal girl in a somewhat normal world that is filled with magical objects/things? Yup, this cover is great!













Elusion by Claudia Gabel & Cheryl Klam



This cover is beautiful and scary at the same time. I love the rose (kind of symbolic) and I love the girl running down the stairs. Circular stairs are cool too. But the angle of that image freaks me out. I'm scared of falling and the angle of the image makes me believe it would be a loooong way down. And painful. But it's still a pretty cover :D










Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge


What are your favorite covers this week?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...