Monday, July 8, 2013

Obsessed With Covers #8: Spirit, Let The Storms Break, Unhinged, Ruins

Y'all know how much I love a pretty cover. I think about...40% of the books that end up on my shelves (be they physical or digital) do so because of the covers. Call me shallow but you have to admit that a pretty, shiny cover will catch your eye faster than a dull, boring one. Two, simple rules that I'll follow:


  • 1, 2 or 3 (no more than 3, though) covers per week;
  • books should be new-ish; no more than 2 years old.
Oh, before I share the covers that made me drool or want to stare at them for hours and hours, I have to say something. This is a semi-original idea. Why semi? Because almost every book blogger has something similar. The only thing I came up with was the title. If by any chance there's another blogger with a similar feature with the same title, I assure you I'm not stealing your idea. I'm just THAT bad with titles. Believe me, I'd love to be smarter and have a witty name for this feature, but I don't. So, no copyright infringement/theft/steal or anything of the sort was desired. All I can say is sorry :P

Photobucket

So, here are the prettiest covers I've seen this week.

Wow I love the silhouettes of the trees behind the girl, I love the smoke wings, I love her almost smile, like she knows something no one does. Like she's daring everyone to get near her or to try and find out her secrets. Can I have some wings like that?











Spirit by Shauna Granger


 I loved the first cover of this series, I love this one as well. The cover artist did a great job! I love how there are white-blue clouds and how there's dust around the two characters.












Let The Storms Break by Shannon Messenger


I don't think this cover needs any reasons to be loved. Just look at those colors! And his tattoo is just fabulous! Yup, me likey!













Unhinged by A. G. Howard


This cover is quite creepy, if you ask me. I love the sea, but sea storms freak me out a little (unless it's a sunny day, I'm at the beach and I can swim under the waves...yes, I'm a tad deranged *grins*). I love the fact that, like with all other covers in this series, you can't see the model's face. And I love the sunset, giving that storm an even creepier look. Sort of like telling you it can always get much worse than you think.









Ruins by Dan Wells

These are just a few of the covers I saw and adored last week. Believe me when I tell you I had to restrain myself from adding more to today's post. There's always next week, right?

What are your favorite covers you saw lately?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...