Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #3: Top Ten Most Intimidating Books






Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week, they will post a new Top Ten list that one of the bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join, just link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top Ten Most Intimidating Books
(might be intimated by size, content, that everyone else loves it but you are sure you won't etc)


  1. Any book by Stephen King - I've tried reading his books, but they're painfully slooooooooow. 
  2. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin - I'll be painfully honest and say that I watched only a few episodes of the show. I wasn't wowed - nothing against the show, but judging by the experience with True Blood, I'm not exactly fond of HBO's book adaptations. That's the first reason. The second reason is that loved characters seem to have a short life span in this series. I hate putting so much heart into a book/series/character just to have them die.
  3. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling: I loved Harry Potter, as you all know. I'm not sure I am ready for Rowling's book without magic.
  4. Any book by Alexandre Dumas: My parents love his books. All of them. And they've always given me glowing reviews of his books. And some of my friends love his books. I am afraid to be disappointed, but also, I'm intimidated by his language. Also, I can't say I'm a fan of the classics.
  5. Jane Austen: Strange, since I've read Pride & Prejudice more times than I can count. The reason is the same as for #4
  6. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy: Usually I'm not terrified by huge books, but this one manages to scare me.
I don't have a top ten list, because not many books intimidate me. Or at least I can't think of any other books, besides the ones on this list. If I think of something else, I'll add it :D 

What about you? What are ten books that intimidate you?


4 comments:

  1. I read It by Stephen King and hated it so I actively avoid him. I LOVED The Count of Monte Cristo, but it does take some dedication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried to read The Count of Monte Cristo, but after he managed to get out of prison, I started disliking the book. I'm weird, I know :P

      Delete
  2. I read The Casual Vacancy and was far from impressed. Don't burst your bubble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *pout* I was expecting to be wowed by that book. Oh well, it can wait a while longer.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...