Monday, August 11, 2014

Obsessed With Covers #14: Zomburbia, Frozen, Snow Like Ashes

Y'all know how much I love a pretty cover. I think about...40% of the books that end up on my shelves (be they physical or digital) do so because of the covers. Call me shallow but you have to admit that a pretty, shiny cover will catch your eye faster than a dull, boring one. Two, simple rules that I'll follow:


  • 1, 2 or 3 (no more than 3, though) covers per week;
  • books should be new-ish; no more than 2 years old.
Oh, before I share the covers that made me drool or want to stare at them for hours and hours, I have to say something. This is a semi-original idea. Why semi? Because almost every book blogger has something similar. The only thing I came up with was the title. If by any chance there's another blogger with a similar feature with the same title, I assure you I'm not stealing your idea. I'm just THAT bad with titles. Believe me, I'd love to be smarter and have a witty name for this feature, but I don't. So, no copyright infringement/theft/steal or anything of the sort was desired. All I can say is sorry :P

Photobucket

So, here are the prettiest covers I've seen this week.

This is suuuuch a creepy cover! I love it!! The blood, the slash on her cheek that gives the illusion that she's half grinning, her light-colored eyes are staring directly at you, it seems like she's looking at your soul. Or eyeing her next meal. Then there's the blood, the wound on her forehead and her creepy color...It all makes this cover amazing.










Zomburbia - Adam Gallardo












This is such a simple cover, which is actually why I like it. Of course, looking at the different editions, I found another one that I loved, that I had to include in this post as well...Now I'm torn, because if I ever decide to read this series, I'll have to seriously ponder on which edition to buy. There's the first version, which is more appropriate for the title, with the icy background and the icy-blue dragon that looks like he's very, very cold, poor thing. Then there's the second version, where the dragon looks like a pendant and it's rising over the sea or it's a portal to a different world / dimension.... So yeah, I've no idea what should I choose... The important part is that both covers are amazing and beautiful and maybe I'll buy both versions, just for the prettiness of them both.










Frozen: Heart of Dread by Melissa De La Cruz & Michael Johnston



I love the duality of this cover. The yin-yang showing both summer/spring and winter landscapes and the ashes on the ground that look almost like waves. I'm also curious about the title and how the cover fits with it... I might add this book on my TBR based solely on the cover.










Snow Like Ashes - Sara Raasch
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...