Monday, April 20, 2015

Obsessed with covers #19: The Immortal Heights, Ink and Bone & The Isle of the Lost

Y'all know how much I love a pretty cover. I think about...40% of the books that end up on my shelves (be they physical or digital) do so because of the covers. Call me shallow but you have to admit that a pretty, shiny cover will catch your eye faster than a dull, boring one. Two, simple rules that I'll follow:


  • 1, 2 or 3 (no more than 3, though) covers per week;
  • books should be new-ish; no more than 2 years old.
Oh, before I share the covers that made me drool or want to stare at them for hours and hours, I have to say something. This is a semi-original idea. Why semi? Because almost every book blogger has something similar. The only thing I came up with was the title. If by any chance there's another blogger with a similar feature with the same title, I assure you I'm not stealing your idea. I'm just THAT bad with titles. Believe me, I'd love to be smarter and have a witty name for this feature, but I don't. So, no copyright infringement/theft/steal or anything of the sort was desired. All I can say is sorry :P

Photobucket

So, here are the prettiest covers I've seen this week.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17410991-the-immortal-heights
 This is such a gorgeous cover! It has dragons on it! And they spit out (or breath, however you want to see it!) lightning. Aside from that, the colors used are fantastic. I do hope that in real life the colors are a little bit stronger. I totally need this series on my shelf, because all books have gorgeous covers.










The Immortal Heights - Sherry Thomas


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20643052-ink-and-bone
 This is so pretty! First of all, the font used for the title is so, so awesome. It makes me think of those really old books you see in museums. And then there's a glimpse of old books sitting on a shelf, which is so great. And Goodreads says this is a book about books, so that is even more awesome. However, what I like most are the two lions in the back, that kind of make the entire upper part of the cover look like a giant coat of arms. Or like a coat of arms is hidden behind the ink stain. Also, the quote at the end of the cover is great, because knowledge really is power :)






Ink and Bone - Rachel Caine


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22639095-isle-of-the-lost
This is such a cute cover! I love the font used for the title. And I love how simple the cover is. I'd like to see it in real life, but I really hope that the thorns or the title is embossed.












The Isle of the Lost - Melissa De La Cruz
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...