Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sunday Book Soundtrack #16: Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Photobucket


Sunday Book Soundtrack is a weekly feature at Ruby's Books, where I share some of my bookish soundtracks. Since I discovered my passion for reading years ago, I've discovered that more and more of the songs I loved remind me of certain books. So I thought I'd share my playlists with you. If you want to listen to the songs, I'll post a link to a Youtube videos for each and every title. No copyright infringement intended! I'll try to find the official videos for each song. There's no set number for each playlist, sometimes I might have 10, sometimes 5, sometimes if I'm one of my moods I'll have 15. If you want to read more about this feature, click the "show more" button below. 



Hey guys! It's been a while since I've done one of these lists. I have inspiration right now. This is mostly because having no internet for a while forced me to listen to the radio more than I usually did.

This week's book soundtrack is for Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18296030-don-t-look-back

I loved this book so, so much. I will write a review soon, but I had to say that I loved it. Unlike my usual soundtracks, this book didn't give me the impression that rock music was good for it. Which I know, shocking, right? That is why the songs I've picked are so different than my previous choices. Anyway, here's the soundtrack:
  1. The Pierces - Secret - I just couldn't not include this song on the playlist.
  2. The Pierces - Boring - I picked this song for two reasons: the flashbacks and the way "old" Samantha & crew are described.
  3. Ke$ha - Die Young - This song fits with the image of Sam, the party girl. At least it does in my head.
  4. The Chainsmokers - #SELFIE - The lyrics fit with the meanness of Sam's old friends and even Sam herself. And the sound of this song fits with old Sam.
  5. Natalia Kills - Problem (Explicit) - This song fits both Samantha and Cassie. I'm not sure which girl is described better by this song. There's a little bit of Cassie in there, but if you've read the book, you know that Samantha wasn't necessarily a good girl in the past, either.
  6. Indila - Dernière Danse - The feel of this song fits Samantha as she's struggling with not having any memories. And even the lyrics fit, in a more symbolic way.

Liked this list? Want more? Click here for previous Sunday Book Soundtrack posts.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...