Monday, December 21, 2015

Obsessed with Covers #27:The Crown's Game, The Cresswell Plot

Y'all know how much I love a pretty cover. I think about...40% of the books that end up on my shelves (be they physical or digital) do so because of the covers. Call me shallow but you have to admit that a pretty, shiny cover will catch your eye faster than a dull, boring one. Two, simple rules that I'll follow:


  • 1, 2 or 3 (no more than 3, though) covers per week;
  • books should be new-ish; no more than 2 years old.
Oh, before I share the covers that made me drool or want to stare at them for hours and hours, I have to say something. This is a semi-original idea. Why semi? Because almost every book blogger has something similar. The only thing I came up with was the title. If by any chance there's another blogger with a similar feature with the same title, I assure you I'm not stealing your idea. I'm just THAT bad with titles. Believe me, I'd love to be smarter and have a witty name for this feature, but I don't. So, no copyright infringement/theft/steal or anything of the sort was desired. All I can say is sorry :P

Photobucket

So, here are the prettiest covers I've seen this week.

I love this cover so much. First, that's a crown and who doesn't love a crown? Second, the crown is tricky, because the image in the front is also in the back, but it's made so that it looks like a shadow. At the same time, the reflection of the "shadow" or the back image is kind of stronger than the reflection of the original castle, so I'm wondering what the cover art is actually trying to show. I want to know how does the cover art relate to the story, so I will be adding this to my growing mountain of TBR.







The Crown's Game - Evelyn Skye



This is an extremely interesting cover. The doll's limbs are twisted in some really weird angles, each kind of pointing towards different directions. Also, they seem way smaller for how big her head is, which makes me wonder if that's not symbolic for that tagline too. I also love the white, pure dress of the doll. I'm all for symbols today, as you can see. I definitely will be checking this book out, because just the cover is making me highly curious about the story.








The Cresswell Plot - Eliza Wass



Did you see any cool covers this week?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...