Monday, April 25, 2016

Obsessed With Covers #34: The Keeper Of The Mist, Empire OF Dust, The Otherlife

Y'all know how much I love a pretty cover. I think about...40% of the books that end up on my shelves (be they physical or digital) do so because of the covers. Call me shallow but you have to admit that a pretty, shiny cover will catch your eye faster than a dull, boring one. Two, simple rules that I'll follow:


  • 1, 2 or 3 (no more than 3, though) covers per week;
  • books should be new-ish; no more than 2 years old.
Oh, before I share the covers that made me drool or want to stare at them for hours and hours, I have to say something. This is a semi-original idea. Why semi? Because almost every book blogger has something similar. The only thing I came up with was the title. If by any chance there's another blogger with a similar feature with the same title, I assure you I'm not stealing your idea. I'm just THAT bad with titles. Believe me, I'd love to be smarter and have a witty name for this feature, but I don't. So, no copyright infringement/theft/steal or anything of the sort was desired. All I can say is sorry :P

Photobucket

It's been a while since I shared my recently cover loves, which is mainly because I've been in a huge blogging slump. I'm back on track though, guys! Here are some of my favorite covers for last week.


How gorgeous is this cover? I love that the background is grey and that the "mist" is colored, while also coloring the elements in the background as it advances and as it touches stuff. That must be some really powerful magic that the person is having and/or controlling. I also love that the mist is concentrating on either entering or enveloping what looks like a stopwatch. I wonder why that is. Also, I want to know the importance of the key and the calligraphy pen. Okay, so I will probably have to read this based only on the cover.






The Keeper Of The Mist - Rachel Neumeier



There's something hauntingly beautiful about this cover. Because, while the three Pyramids are reflected in the mirror of the key, in vivid colors, the key itself seems to be surrounded by snow. At least it looks like snow to me, it might be white sand, but I want to believe it's snow. And that makes me wonder why. Even if it is just really white sand, why is it that the scenery with the pyramids is so warm, and full of color, while the background is so...cold? I read the blurb, so I know it's about Alexander the Great, which makes my inner history nerd bounce around excitedly. I think this book will also end up in my TBR mountain.





Empire Of Dust - Eleanor Herman



I saw this book on Netgalley yesterday while I was browsing idly, just looking at the new books coming out, and it immediately caught my attention. The cover makes me think of darkness and danger, which if you pair it up with the blurb, it makes sense. I love the swirls, the gradient made by the colors used. I also am kind of intrigued on why no other colors were used. I am kind of hoping that there are some embossed elements there in the paperback version, because it just seems like that's what the cover needs







The Otherlife - Julia Gray



What about you? Did you saw any pretty covers lately?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...