Monday, May 16, 2016

Obsessed With Covers #35: The Kingdom of Little Wounds, Carve The Mark, The Many Lives of John Stone

Y'all know how much I love a pretty cover. I think about...40% of the books that end up on my shelves (be they physical or digital) do so because of the covers. Call me shallow but you have to admit that a pretty, shiny cover will catch your eye faster than a dull, boring one. Two, simple rules that I'll follow:


  • 1, 2 or 3 (no more than 3, though) covers per week;
  • books should be new-ish; no more than 2 years old.
Oh, before I share the covers that made me drool or want to stare at them for hours and hours, I have to say something. This is a semi-original idea. Why semi? Because almost every book blogger has something similar. The only thing I came up with was the title. If by any chance there's another blogger with a similar feature with the same title, I assure you I'm not stealing your idea. I'm just THAT bad with titles. Believe me, I'd love to be smarter and have a witty name for this feature, but I don't. So, no copyright infringement/theft/steal or anything of the sort was desired. All I can say is sorry :P

Photobucket

So, here are the prettiest covers I've seen this week.


This cover looks like a photo inside a photo. It's easy to notice the castle and the beautifully colored sky first, or at least it was for me. But then I looked at the frame and OMG so many things to see there, so many creatures, so many hidden details that make me wonder if those aren't part of those "Little Wounds". Also, I had the chance to see this book IRL and let me tell you, it is just as stunning, if not more.








The Kingdom of Little Wounds - Susann Cokal



I have to say, this cover is absolutely gorgeous. I would love to have this book in my shelves, it's so pretty. I'm actually expecting the finished copy to have some nice effect, like maybe the gold liquid that bleeds through those cuts to shimmer or something similar. I can't help but wonder what the title and cover have to do with the actual story though. Because the cover does not lead me to think "Dystopia", and yet that's how the book is shelved as on Goodreads. All of that said, I kinda see some stars in there, so maybe that's a wall that's carved into? I am now very curious about the book.





Carve The Mark - Veronica Roth


There are so many things going on in this cover, I don't even know where to start. I love how the mirror is broken and how it shows different portraits of what seems to be different people. I also love how there seem to be shards missing, which makes me wonder what happened to them? The fact that the background is black though makes me think that maybe that's not a mirror. The camera that the girl is holding makes me wonder if that's not actually a broken lens? There are some strange symbols reflected in one of the shards and that also make me wonder about the story, and also there's an incomplete image there, with the shard that's nearest to the colored reflection of the guy. I could go on and on, but basically I am obsessed with this cover. A lot!


The Many Lives of John Stone - Linda Buckley-Archer
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...