Note: The survey is for books you read throughout the year, no matter when they were published, and is not limited to just books that came out in 2016!!
Number of Re-Reads: Strangely enough, only 1 reread this year. Which is very strange for me.
Genre You Read The Most From: Adult Urban Fantasy, followed really closely by Adult Erotic Contemporary Romance
BEST IN BOOKS
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
The Raven Boys surprised me in a really good way. I'm actually excited to read the next books, because RONAN!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Umm...I don't...know? I want to believe that at least one person read a book that I pushed on people, but I seriously have no idea!
5. Best series you started in 2016?
Best Sequel of 2016?
Best Series Ender of 2016?
Where do I start?? I'm actually proud to say that aside from a few books from my favorite authors, about 80% of the books I read this year are from new-to-me authors, so it's really hard to pick just one author. I'll pick my top 10 authors, how's that? I'm using a bullet list, because these are really favorites and there's no one better than the other.
- Paula Stokes
- Setta Jay
- Gena Showalter
- Nalini Singh
- Darynda Jones
- Adriana Mather
- Lexi Blake
- Jillian David
- Lisa Kessler
- Jenny Colgan
It's been a while since I read some good historical fiction, so I'm glad that I got to read These Shallow Graves.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
If I ever manage to catch up to this series next year, I'll definitely re-read The Darkest Torment
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
Ian Taggart from the Masters and Mercenaries series by Lexi Blake.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
Although I struggled a little while reading it, I'll admit that The Raven Boys is written in such a unique style, that somehow sticks in your memory.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
This book made me question certain things I know about my country's history, made me want to do my own research and try to see history from a different perspective.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
Longest - 750 pp (1001 Dark Nights Bundle Six)
Shortest - 6 pp (The Wedding by Jennifer L. Armentrout)
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
18. OTP OF THE YEAR
Ian Taggart and Charlotte Dennis
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
I loved Jack's relationship with his younger brother. I can't exactly remember his name, but I remember loving the way Jack was when he was with his brother, and the robot he built...That might have made me tear up a little.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
I read a lot of Hailey Edwards books this year, actually, and I loved them all, so it's really hard to pick just one.
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
NIKOLAI/STURMHOND because how can you not love him??????
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
One word: Maggie. If you've read this book, then you know what I'm talking about.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
I can't actually think of one book that did that. Do I even have a soul at this point??
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
I haven't felt the urge to yell at a book this year. A character, yes, but not at the entire book. So I've got nothing!
YOUR BLOGGING/BOOKISH LIFE
1. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016? I seem to discover new blogs every day almost, because of Twitter, and I don't have just one favorite new blog.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Top Ten Tuesday #8: Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again for the First Time
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
As always, ARC August is fantastic. And I love all of the blog tours I'm in, otherwise I wouldn't keep doing them.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
Discovering new authors and new bloggers is the highlight of every year for me.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Balancing work and blogging has been a bit difficult. I'm hoping to get better and stop procrastinating this coming year :D
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Book Review: #Static by Eric Laster
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
All of my comic book review posts need some love.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Booklending and Lendle
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
No, I didn't. I feel bad about that.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
There are way too many books that I'm waiting for, honestly.
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
I have a shelf on Goodreads just for 2017 books, most of which are debuts. The list is, of course, growing.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
I don't know of any series that end in 2017, to be honest. I'm anxiously waiting for the sequel of And I Darken, How To Hang A Witch, Firstlife, Ruined, and Ever The Hunted, to name just a few.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
Write more discussion posts, write more reviews, learn to balance work and blogging, and definitely, definitely read more.
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I haven't yet read any 2017 reads. But I'm open for recommendations if anyone has them.
Happy New Year, fellow book lovers!