Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Comic Book Tuesday #22: Wonder Woman, Volume 1: The Lies by Greg Rucka

Author: Greg Rucka
Series: Wonder Woman, Volume V #1
Audience: +16
Genre: Comic Book
Publisher: DC Comics
Release Date: February 28th 2017
My Rating: 4 cups
Source: Netgalley
Blurb (from Goodreads):
A part of DC Universe: Rebirth!

New York Times best-selling writer Greg Rucka returns to Wonder Woman! After suffering an unimaginable loss, Diana must rebuild her mission as Earth's ultimate protector and champion. However, in the midst of her grief, her Lasso of Truth stopped working! Start down the rabbit hole as dark secrets from Wonder Woman's past unravel her present!

From the ashes of DC Universe: Rebirth, critically acclaimed writer Greg Rucka along with illustrator Liam Sharpunveil a tale that will forever alter the DC icon in Wonder Woman, Volume 1: The Lies!

Collecting: Wonder Woman 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, Rebirth

*Disclaimer: I received an eARC of this book from Netgalley and DC Comics. This does not affect my rating or the content of my review in any way

It's no secret that I love Wonder Woman or that she's my favorite superhero ever. So when I saw this beauty on Netgalley I just knew I had to read it ASAP.

As usual with most DC books, the artwork was fantastic. The drawings are gorgeous, the colors chosen are fit for a Wonder Woman comic book and it just looked good. I loved the look of each and every panel and I would love to see this book in real life, because I bet it's even more beautiful. The panels are well done, not too crowded and easy to follow. There were a few panels, especially towards the end, with the jungle, that I would love to have as posters, they're so pretty. My only real issue was with WW's costume. I am a sucker for the old one, and I can't exactly say I like the current one.

The story was also pretty great. I like the idea of Diana struggling with her identity and with entering the Paradise Island, and also the fact that her past keeps changing. I love the fact that all of her different origin stories are kind of put together into one story and made to seem as though someone is trying to make her forget who she really is. I wonder if this somehow influences other superheroes or just WW. I have to say, I was a bit confused by the choice to include odd numbered issues in this volume, but even so it didn't keep me from reading the book easy.

I'm definitely going to keep reading this story, because I'm very curious to know if Diana finds out who's guilty for the past being altered, and also because I want to know how that alteration will eventually influence the future.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...