Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Book Quotes

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl

This might seem shallow of me, but it's rare that a single quote from a book sticks with me. I'm more of a "this book was so great, the entire story sticks with me" kind of reader. But there are a few passages from books that sometimes manage to stay with me for a very long time. Here are just a few of them:





“May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
by J.R.R. Tolkien - The Fellowship of the Ring
*
“I'm really not good with impulse control.” 
by Richelle Mead - Vampire Academy
*
“Don’t lie to yourself because you think it’s safer. Reality doesn’t work like that…” 
*
"Fuck being good, Francesca. Be awesome. [...] Being good means meeting other people's expectations instead of fully directing your own awesomeness"
by Tellulah Darling - Get Real
*
“You're so full of crap, you could pass for a toilet.” 
by Kami Garcia - Beautiful Creatures




“Relationships are all about trust and equality. If one person shares, then the other person should share, too.” 
by Sophie Kinsella, Can You Keep a Secret?
*
“There are three sides to every story: yours, theirs, and the truth somewhere in the middle.” 
by Sherrilyn Kenyon - Styxx
*
“When you can't be sure of anything else in this crapped- on world, you have to be sure of yourself.” 
*
“Time doesn’t heal anything. It’s like drinking. The best it can do is help you forget, if you’re lucky.” 
by Paula Stokes - Girl Against the Universe
*
“Some victories are merely defeat wearing the wrong clothing” 
by Kiersten White - And I Darken

6 comments:

  1. That Kiersten White quote is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm big on book quotes! If I'm reading a book and something that makes me pause, I mark that spot. It could be a quote or a paragraph that just really sticks out and makes an impact. I usually include those in my reviews, too. I either turn the corner up at the bottom, or use a small sticky note.

    Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the Styxx quote!!
    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/03/top-ten-tuesday-book-quotes.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit that I find quotes in books, but never save them - or even if I do (like on the Kindle) I don't go back to them. But there are some I will always quote like things from Matilda by Roald Dahl or Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Tolkien quote has always been lovely. And the And I Darken one makes me curious about the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that And I Darken Quote! And the one from Beautiful Creatures was really good too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...