Thursday, December 20, 2012

15 Opening Lines - My Favorite Books

A few days ago I saw a list with 21 classic opening lines in books and out of all the books mentioned I've only read 2: Pride and Prejudice and Harry Potter. I wonder, why doesn't someone make a list like that with books I actually love? Not that the two I've read from that list aren't good and among my favorite, but there should be more. Anyway, I decided to make my own list, though a tad shorter (just 15 books). I've included both YA and adult books and I'll have a +18 for books with explicit language. Feel free to add more if you want:

  1. "This story is about a man named Eddie and it begins at the end, with Eddie dying in the sun" -  The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom
  2. "Amy Jo Foster had loved Cord McKay her entire life" - Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei James (+18)
  3. "Pippin looked out from the shelter of Gandalf's cloak" - The Return of the King by J.R.R Tolkien
  4. "Zarek leaned back in his seat as the helicopter took off" - Dance With The Devil by Sherrilyn Kenyon (+18)
  5. "I am the vampire Lestat" - The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice (+18)
  6. "What fresh humiliation does this day bring?" - Lothaire by Kresley Cole (+18)
  7. "He hated the forest" - Stolen by Kelley Armstrong (+18)
  8. "Still in bed, Lucas eyed the screen on his furiously blinking pager" - Seven Days for an Eternity by Marc Levy
  9. ''It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.'' - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  10. "The two men appeared out of nowhere, a few yards apart in the narrow, moonlit lane" - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling
  11. "I found the note taped to my door when I got home from work." - Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris (+18)
  12. "I never thought I would beg for death." - Arise by Amber Garr
  13. "Goddamn it, Zsadist! Don't jump—"- Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward (+18)
  14. "From the river, it looked as if two suns were setting over London " - Interred with Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell
  15. "Dorothy lived in the midst of the great Kansas prairies, with Uncle Henry, who was a farmer, and Aunt Em, who was the farmer's wife." - The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...