Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine

My WoW this week is Dead Reconing by Charlaine Harris.

Blurb (From Goodreads) :



"With her knack for being in trouble's way, Sookie witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. But Sookie suspects otherwise and she and Sam work together to uncover the culprit - and the twisted motive for the attack. But her attention is divided. Though she can't 'read' vampires, Sookie knows her lover Eric Northman and his 'child' Pam well - and she realises that they are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, she is drawn into the plot -which is much more complicated than she knows. Caught up in the politics of the vampire world, Sookie will learn that she is as much of a pawn as any ordinary human - and that there is a new Queen on the board . . ."

I'm excited about this book. I'm really hoping it will be better than the last one, which, frankly, kind of disappointed me. Maybe it was an illusion of mine or maybe I read Dead in the family at the wrong time. But I hope the next book in the series will be better.

What's your WoW this week?

5 comments:

  1. I've never read a book by this author nor watched the TV show that's based on her books...lol...I can't even remember the name of the darn show...it's "blood" something...lol...Thanks for your suggestion Ruby about reading the Dark Hunter series. That's a good idea. I've started with No Mercy and I already recognize a couple of characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True Blood. The TV show is good, though a lot of the action in the movie is different than the one in the book.
    I love the Dark Hunter series. I think it's one of the best series I've ever read till this moment. And, in my mind, even though it's a very long series (which doesn't bother me) it keeps a certain..hmm..how should I say this? You know how sometimes longer series tend to become, at a certain point, a little "blah"? Well, it doesn't happen with this one.
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep meaning to read something by this author, and I understand that this series is great. Thanks for sharing...

    Here's mine:

    http://snowconnections.wordpress.com/2010/12/29/waiting-on-wednesday-dec-29/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this books around..Sounds interesting! Drop by my blog and have a look at my list!

    Barb at Sugarbeat's Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Laurel: The series is great and I think they're better than the TV show... The thing that really bothers me about the TV version is that they changed it a lot...too much for my taste :P

    @Sugarbeat: It is interesting. I haven't read her other series though.

    Thank your both for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...