Thursday, December 26, 2019

2020 Reading Challenges


We're only a few days away from 2020 guys, which means one thing and one thing only: READING CHALLENGES. I've done reading challenges almost as long as I've been book blogging with various degrees of success. I'm very happy to say that I'll be doing reading challenges in 2020 too, and I'm already excited to start them. Let me show you which ones I'm signing up to. And remember, if you have any good reading challenges that you think I should sign up to, share them in the comments and I'll check them out! Without further ado, here's the reading challenges I plan on doing in 2020.


2020 Reading Challenges



2020 Audiobook Challenge


The 2020 Audiobook Challenge is hosted by Melanie @ Hot Listens and Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It's my second time doing this challenge, and I've had so much fun diving into audiobooks. This year the challenge has 8 levels, which is awesome! Since I know a good chunk of my reading will be done by audio, I'll do myself a favor and pick the 8th level, called The 100 Club (Audiobook Elite) 100+. My goal is to read at least 100 audiobooks. I'm confident!

BOOKS READ:


  1. Play It Again by Regina Kyle
  2. Virgin River by Robyn Carr
  3. Law And Disorder by Heather Graham
  4. Let's Get Textual by Teagan Hunter
  5. Promise Not To Tell by Jayne Ann Krentz
  6. Thick by Alexa Riley
  7. Darkest Flame by Donna Grant
  8. The Neyghbor
  9. Witch you Well
  10. Play It Again
  11. As Needed
  12. Double Booked
  13. Marked
  14. The Werewolf Meets His Match
  15. Dungeon Games
  16. Magnolia Mystic by Lisa Kessler
  17. Dark Heat by Donna Grant
  18. Steal The Light by Lexi Blake
  19. Head Over Wheels by Samantha Chase
  20. Fire Rising by Donna Grant
  21. Fated by Stephanie Rose
  22. Scandalous Billionaire by Sierra Cartwright
  23. Burning Desire by Donna Grant
  24. Mean Right Hook by Michelle Mills
  25. Enemies by Tijan
  26. Loki Ascending by Asa Maria Bradley


26 / 100 Audiobooks. 26% done!


 NetGalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge 2020

*This challenge was created by Emily@Falling for YA, then moved to Katrina@Bookish Things & More (site no longer available) and now it resides at Reading Between the Pages.

There's no need to explain this, guys. I've never made it a secret that I have a problem with requesting way too many books on Netgalley and Edelweiss so of course I'm going to sign up to this challenge. The goal is to finally get to that 80% ratio on Netgalley. I'll start small though, with the Silver level. That's 25 books.

BOOKS READ:

  1. Meant To Be by Alison Bliss
  2. Magnolia Mystic by Lissa Kessler


2 / 25 Books. 8% done!


Romanceopoly 2020 Participant



Romance-opoly is hosted by the ladies from Under The Covers and Jessica from Peace Love Books. This is my second time participating and I am excited. Last year I had a hard time reading the books for this challenge because I'm a huge mood reader and sometimes my mood didn't match the challenge I got. This year I'm going to take the Direct Route, which means that you go around the Romanceopoly board in order, which I feel will be much easier. This year the are two sets of challenges (Moon and Sun) and three levels. I'm going to pick THE ADVENTURER level and go from there. This means 39 books. I'll try to go back and forth between challenge packs and if I am inspired, I'll push for the next level, which is The Native.

BOOKS READ:

     None so far


0 / 39 Books. 0% done!


  #StartOnYourShelfathon Reading Challenge


The #StartOnYourShelfathon challenge is hosted by the wonderful CW from The Quiet Pond. This reading challenge actually started on December 18th 2019. The rule is very simple: read any unread book you have on your shelf, physical or digital. I have a ton of books that deserve my love, time and attention, so I was very excited for this challenge. CW hasn't set any challenges, which is both awesome and scary, I'm going to start small, so I'll aim for 13 books, one for each month this challenge will be going on for.

UPDATE: Because I passed the 13 books I planned on reading for this challenge, I'm going to raise my number to 50

BOOKS READ:
  1. Marked by Elisabeth Naughton
  2. SFSX #1 by Tina Horn
  3. SFSX #2
  4. SFSX #3
  5. SFSX #4
  6. SFSX #5
  7. SFSX #6
  8. Capture by Olivia Ryann
  9. Control by Olivia Ryann
  10. Club X by Lauren Landish
  11. Working Under The Professor by Olivia T. Turner
  12. Pumpkin and Spice by Abby Knox
  13. Desperate Measures by Katee Robert
  14. Beauty and The Professor 
  15. Let's Get Textual by Teagan Hunter
  16. White Christmas by Rebecca York
  17. Meant To Be by Alison Bliss
  18. Hands Down by Mariana Zapata
  19. The Faerie Prince by Rachel Morgan
  20. The Faerie Guardian by Rachel Morgan
  21. The Ruby circle by Richelle Mead
  22. Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead
  23. Wilde In Love by Eloisa James 
  24. Sweet Captivity by Julia Sykes
  25. Stolen Innocence by Julia Sykes
  26. Prisoned by Skye Warren & Annika Martin


26 / 50 Books. 52% done!


 Reading The 20s Reading Challenge by Ruby's Books


I did a thing! I was searching for a 20s themed reading challenge and I couldn't find one, so I decided to make my own. I've been meaning to expand my wings with my reading a bit more, and I thought it would be fun to see how literature changed over the years. I'm going to follow only one rule, and that is to read at least one book published in the 1920s a month. Since I'm relying mostly on freebies and public domain books, I'm thinking most of the books I'll read will have been published between 1920 and 1924, so if you know any good books published then (or freebies from later years), please share. I also want to mention that I plan on reading mostly women authors. The only exception being The Great Gatsby, because Kal told me to read it and what Kal says, it goes. I'll have a Goodreads list coming up soon and I'll mention in on my Twitter and Facebook accounts, so stay tuned. Let me know if you want to join in with me, and I'll do a proper sign up post.


BOOKS READ:

     None so far


0 / 12 Books. 0% done!





The Beat The Backlist challenge is hosted by NovelKnight. Unlike the previous years I'm not going to sign up to any of the teams, because we've already established that I am absolutely horrible with reading books from a TBR and I don't know when the mood to read one of the books from that list will hit me. I'm going to keep last year's Goodreads shelf for this challenge, I'm not going to add anything to it. Much like I'm planning on doing for most of my more difficult challenges, I'm aiming to read at least 12 books for this challenge.

UPDATE: Because I passed the 12 books I planned on reading for this challenge, I'm going to raise my number to 48

BOOKS READ:
  1. Law And Disorder by Heather Graham
  2. Let's Get Textual by Teagan Hunter
  3. Darkest Flame by Donna Grant
  4. Marked by Elisabeth Naughton
  5. Magnolia Mystic by Lissa Kessler
  6. Dark Heat by Donna Grant
  7. Fire Rising by Donna Grant
  8. Pumpkin And spice by Abby Knox
  9. Desperate Measures by Katee Robert
  10. Burning Desire by Donna Grant
  11. White Christmas by Rebecca York
  12. Wilde In Love by Eloisa James
  13. Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead
  14. The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead
  15. The Faerie Guardian by Rachel Morgan
  16. The Faerie Prince by Rachel Morgan


16 / 48 Books. 33% done!

***

Other challenges


Aside from these challenges, I'll be doing the Goodreads challenge, like I always do. I'll again aim towards 200 books and I have a good feeling about 2020, so this should be something I'll be able to do.

I'm also going to keep following the general guidelines of the New Authors reading challenge hosted in the past by Literary Escapism. The site hasn't been updated since January 2019, and I don't know if the ladies behind if are going to come back to it or if they're going to host the challenge this year. Either way, I'm still going to aim to read as many new to me authors as possible. As with every year I've done this, my goal is at least 100 authors, so we'll see how I'll do.

What about you guys? Which reading challenges are you signing up to?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...