Sunday, December 1, 2019

2019 Bookending Winter Day 1: Ways A Villain Could Ruin the Holiday Season



It's December 1st and that means it's time for Bookending Winter!! In case you don't know what Bookending Winter is, let me enlighten you. It's a wonderful month-long event created by Clo @ Cuppa Clo and Sam @ Fictionally Sam where each day has a different prompt for the participants to talk about. Basically awesomeness all around! And there's hosts, so you can not only do some blog hopping, but also discover new bloggers while you're at it, and since we're an amazing community, we need to all be friends and be merry. 'Tis the season, people!!!

The first host of this year's event is Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts and her prompt is Ways  A Villain Could Ruin the Holiday Season. Let me tell you, these villains have tremendous power to destroy all nice things, including the Holiday Season. Let me tell you how they could ruin mine.


Ways A Villain Could Ruin the Holiday Season

I make it no secret that sometimes I root for the villains, and there are a few of them that are close to my dark, smol, cold cold heart. But they are villains, which means that no matter how much you love them, they can do mean things. Here's a few really, truly, terribly mean things they can do to ruin the holiday season.


1. They can destroy the decorations

People... If there's something I love more than the holiday recipes, is the holiday decorations. I take this very seriously. I know any and all Christmas baubles that I own, I remember all the lights that we have in this house, I know it all. so if one goes missing because a meanie villain hid it, I shall be emotionally destroyed. It's kind of if I discovered a cat in my Christmas tree. Only my pet budgie is allowed in my tree, because he's nice about it and he thinks it's like his own tree-house. But back to the villains.

The villains can smash, tear, break, rip apart, and steal decorations. They can be very mean, yo!

2. They can manipulate the weather

Christmas to me has always meant snow, and snow has been sorely missing in my neck of the woods. Like... in the past 5 years it has snowed in January. Thank you, weather-manipulating villains, but that's not when snow is supposed to be here. Santa needs snow, not rain! So villains, really powerful ones, can manipulate the weather to stop snow from being a thing during the holiday season. And to quote the Chipmunks, "no snow, no Santa!". That's bad, really bad!

3.  They can STEAL the holiday spirit

So here's the thing. I go extra with the holiday spirit. No Christmas blues for this lady, because this is the one holiday that reminds of being a child (I mean who am I kidding, I'm an overgrown child every day of the year, but December allows me to show that to the world with pride). So the villains can't take that from me, but they could surround me with Grinch-like people. I don't know why they'd do that to me, since I'm always nice to most villains, but there you go....

4. They can destroy kitchen appliances

Remember when I said Christmas decorations are important? Well, so are holiday recipes. The house smells like Christmas the week prior to that particular day, because Romanians are extra and we cook a TON of food for the Christmas dinner. The villains, in all their evilness and mean intentions, can break the oven and the stove, which means no food, no baked goodies, and thus the holiday season is RUINED. RUINED!!! I hope no villain comes to my house with these mean intentions *frowns at villains*

Let's talk.What are some ways a villain may ruin your holiday season?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...