Tuesday, December 3, 2019

2019 Bookending Winter Day 3: Blanket, Tea, Read!



Bookending Winter is  a wonderful month-long event created by Clo @ Cuppa Clo and Sam @ Fictionally Sam where each day has a different prompt for the participants to talk about.

It's day 3 of the Bookending Winter event!! Laurie @ Laurie's Bookshelf is hosting today and her prompt of the day is Book, Tea, Read!" or the books that get you in the winter/Christmas mood. People, I have a TON on books that get me in the mood for Christmas Don't forget to check out Laurie's post here. Without further ado, let's get started!



  1. Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling - I cannot make a list involving Christmas and books without mentioning this series first for a number of reasons. One, because I read this during Christmas break when I was in middle school and for the following 5 years or so it because a Christmas tradition that my aunt would get me the latest book in the series as a Christmas gift. Two, because there's something insanely magical about the experience of reading these books, not just the story itself, that reminds me of the holiday season. I actually used to do a reread in December of the series for a few years each year and I may do it again this year. December is still young so there's time for it.
  2. The Enchanted Sonata by  Heather Dixon Wallwork - I read this last year right around this time and it's probably one of my favorite retellings that I've ever read. I highly suggest that you guys read this while listening to The Nutcracker, because the music makes everything seem even more magical, which is appropriate considering it inspired the book.
  3. Holiday Wishes by Jill Shalvis - I'm not going to lie, all of Shalvis's books that are set around the holiday season immediately fill me with holiday spirit, but this one stands out the most because of the second chance romance theme. Let's be honest, everyone tells us to be more forgiving during this time of year (cause Santa obviously has no clue what we did in the last 11 months), and I feel like this book matches that sentiment perfectly.
  4. It's A Wonderful Night by Jaimie Admans - Christmas is all about hope, change, being better, wish fulfillment, and that's all that It's A Wonderful Night is. I remember reading it last year and being so in awe by the words of this author, because it captured the Christmas spirit exactly how I wish a book would.
  5. 'Twas The Knife Before Christmas by Jacqueline Frost - I wouldn't be me if I didn't include a cozy mystery on this list. Not only is there a murderer on the loose, there's Christmas preparations, a CHRISTMAS TREE FARM (!!!!!) and a lots of holiday cheer. What else could you possibly want from a holiday-themed story?
These are just some of the books that make me want to curl up on the couch with a very tasty cup of hot chocolate, a warm blanket, and read until I fall asleep. 

Let's talk. What are some of your favorite holiday-themed books?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...