Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week, they will post a new Top Ten list that one of the bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join, just link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov - I know most people consider this book a classic, but I still won't read it. Ever
- Twilight - Stephenie Meyer - I can't get past Bella being whiny in the first movie and I just cannot make myself go through that again in the book version. And I like my vampires manly, without sparkles.
- The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger - no valid excuse here...
- Anything by Stephen King - I tried to read Salem's Lot but I couldn't finish it. I felt that nothing happened in that book. Don't think I'll try again with his books.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - no excuse, just haven't gotten around reading these books
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - they are on my TBR list, I promise.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - Let's just say that me and the classic books aren't good friends. I tried this book when I was a teen. Maybe I should try it again.
- Chronicles of Narnia by C.S.Lewis - I've only read the first two books in the series. I liked them, but not enough to continue. Probably would've read them had I started the series before reading Lord of the Rings.
- Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick - I see these books everywhere. I will try them in the near future.
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser today is from The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks:
With that, she sighed. “Shouldn’t you be with your friends, staring at yourselves in the mirror?”
What's your teaser this week?