Friday, August 15, 2014

Survey: Reading Habits

I have a confession to make: I love surveys. I do. I was doing my daily blog lurking and I stumbled upon this survey on Shae's blog and I thought it was so cool so I decided to do it here. So, here it goes.


1. Do you snack while reading? If so, favorite snack?

I don't snack. That's one of my main issues actually, because if the book is engaging enough, I tend to forget to eat... *oops*

2. What is your favorite drink while reading?

It depends on my mood. I usually like to drink more tea when I'm reading, but coffee or water are good too...

3. Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the mere thought horrify you?

If the books are for college (and it's my book, the one I bought) then I will underline, mark, highlight and scribble the hell out of that book. If it's a fiction book then no way in hell.... I hate marks on my precious books.

4. How do you keep your place while reading a book?

I use bookmarks. Or a bus ticket if I don't have a bookmark handy.

5. Fiction, non-fiction, or both?

Both...Well, actually I read a lot of fiction. Sometimes I read the occasional non-fiction, but those are usually either autobiographies or books about Ancient history.

6. Are you the type of person who needs to read to the end of the chapter, or can you stop anywhere?

I like to get to the end of a chapter when I close a book. But if that can't happen then I'm okay to stop anywhere. Usually I try to stop after a dialogue has ended though, otherwise I forget what the characters were talking about *blush*

7. Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or onto the floor if the author irritates you?

I have done that once or twice. I usually tend to just close the book and just pick another one.

8. If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you look it up right away?

If I can't understand the meaning from the context then yes.

9. What are you currently reading?

I'm between books. I'm not sure if I should start Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead or Frozen by Melissa De La Cruz.

10. What is the last book you bought?

I bought Three Essays On The Theory Of Sexuality by Freud.

11. Do you have a favorite time/place to read?

No. I'll read whenever and wherever. I do however adore reading when it's raining. The rain sort of gets me in the mood to snuggle up on the couch and read.

12. Do you prefer series books or standalones?

Series definitely.

13. Is there a specific book you recommend over and over?

Anything by Sherrilyn Kenyon. No specific book. Actually if someone ends up listening to at least one of the suggestions that I make and they like it, I'll end up doing some serious book pimpage

14. How do you organize your books?

By language first. Then in this order: genre, author, series. And if they're standalones, by publishing house (because some publish standalones in the same height and that makes me insanely happy) and by collection.

What about you? What would you answer on this survey?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...