Friday, May 6, 2016

Hamilton Book Tag


Hey guys! I recently decided to listen to Hamilton, because I was insanely curious about it. Tons of bloggers that I know love it, so I went ahead and did it. I'm halfway through it, but I adore it so far. I hope I'll be able to see it live one day, because, as I said, I adore what I heard so far.

Because my new love for this musical, I decided to do the Hamilton Book Tag, created by Maureen over on her booktube channel. There are 10 questions, as well as 6 bonus questions if you want to answer them. I'll try to do them all. Here we go:


THE QUESTIONS:
1. The Room Where It Happens: Book world you would put yourself in
I'd love to be in the Dark Hunter world. Because vampires, demons, ancient gods and all of that. Also, ACHERON!

2. The Schuyler Sisters: Underrated Female Character
I had a really hard time answering this question, mostly because the majority of the books I read are about strong, powerful women, and not just the MCs. Even women who are secondary characters receive enough attention in the books I read. With that said, I feel like Christina from the Divergent series by Veronica Roth could have been a little more in the spotlight. Molly too. Of course, I didn't finish reading the trilogy, so I don't know how their story ends beyond Insurgent.

3. My Shot: A character that goes after what they want and doesn't let anything stop them
I feel like this is the description of almost every villain I've read about. Hmmmm... I remember reading the scene when Tris steps forward and is the first one to jump off the building after she chose Dauntless. I remember admiring her and thinking "Man, I wished I had her courage." So I'd say Tris from the first book of the Divergent trilogy. And I say the first book, mainly because I felt like she was affected too much by what happened at the end of that first book and became kind of a shell of her old self as the story moved on.

4. Stay Alive: A character you wish was still alive
HA! Spoiler alert for Harry Potter!

Fawkes. We only get to see this bird a few times in the story, but for me, his death was harder to take than the death of Dumbledore. Of course, we just can't forget about Fred Weasley *ugly sobbing*

5. Burn: The most heartbreaking end to a relationship you’ve ever read
Landon and Jamie from A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks, and Tudor and Mihaela from Invitation To Waltz by Mihail Drumes, a Romanian author. These are two of the books that basically destroyed me when I read them, and while beautiful, I could never read another book like that again, because it is just painful and heartbreaking.

6. You'll Be Back: Sassiest villain
He's not...well...*sighs* He's not a villain, he's just a... would it be insanely cliche to call him misunderstood? I'm talking about Seth from the Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. He is one of those characters I fell in love with, completely ignoring what he did during the last two books of the series.

7. The Reynolds Pamphlet - A book with a twist that you didn’t see coming
Interred With Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell had a pretty awesome twist at the end and even though everyone said they saw it coming a mile away, I didn't. And I think I reread that book about 3 times already, and it still takes me by surprise.

8. Non-stop: A series you marathoned
The Vampire Academy, Dark Hunter, Covenant, Southern Vampires Mysteries, I've marathoned so many series in the past. Most of the books I read are part of a series, and I love getting lost in the world of a series so much that I binge-read as many books as I can from that series.

9. Satisfied: Favorite book with multiple POVs
Ooooh. Return of the King just popped into my brain when I read that question. There's a beauty in having more POVs that I adore, and that novel, as is the case with the first books in that trilogy, is full of multiple POVs.

10. Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story: A book/series you feel like will be remembered throughout history
Harry Potter. No question. It's just one of those series that become classic.

BONUS QUESTIONS (short answers): 
1. Helpless: A relationship you were pulling for from the very start - Elena and Clay from Women of the Otherworld. There's just something about those two that made my shipper heart go wild.

2. Ten Duel Commandments: Favorite fight scene - The Battle of Hornburg, also known as Helm's Deep, from The Two Towers will always be my absolute favorite fight scene.

3. Say No To This: Guilty pleasure read - I've said this before and I'll say it again: I don't believe in guilty pleasure reads, so I don't have one. There's no book that I've ever read that makes me ashamed or feel guilty for reading it.

4. What Comes Next: A series you wish had more books - Women of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong needs another full length novel. That being said, if the author herself doesn't feel like there are any stories to tell there, I'd rather keep wishing there was, than get a book that isn't as good as the entire series.

5. Right Hand Man - Favorite BROTP - I gotta give it to Gimli and Legolas. There's just something unique about those two.

6. What’d I Miss: A book or series you were late to reading - HA! I started reading Women of the Otherworld when the last book was released, so I was VERY late.

So that was a fun tag! Long, but fun. If you want to do this, go ahead. And if you've already done this tag, share the link for me to check out your answers.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...