Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #9: Favorite TV Shows Of All Times


Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.



Hello everyone and happy Tuesday! Today's topic is all about the TV shows. And let me tell you guys, I am addicted to TV shows. If it weren't bad for health, I'd be a couch potato, binge watching TV shows ALL THE TIME! In honor of my love of TV shows, I've decided to share with you my Favorite TV Shows Of All Times.

1. Supernatural

Any TV show list is not complete without Supernatural in it. It just isn't. I'm slowly re-watching it from the beginning, and this brings back memories of watching the show for the first time almost 10 years ago, during university. My favorite moment was probably during a snowstorm about...8 years ago. I was supposed to study for exams, but instead I kept watching Supernatural (sorrynotsorry). I don't remember exactly which season that was, but the funniest thing ever was that it was a pretty scary episode. Right as the brothers were about to kill the beast, the lights go out in my neighborhood (because of course they do!). I don't think I've ever been so freaked out :))

2. Blindspot

I like not knowing what is going on, I like being surprised, and this show is giving me that. Also, Lady Sif, Major Scott and the teenage girl from What Women Want are in this, which I adore!!

3. Strike Back

Speaking of Major Scott. Strike Back is probably my favorite military TV show ever, and it will most likely stay that way. What I love about it is that unlike most shows that must have a happy ending, in this show the good guys can lose. They can be defeated, and they sometimes are defeated by the bad guys. It's grittier, darker, and it's what makes sense in my head.

4. NCIS

Another old favorite of mine. I am sad that Michael Weatherly left the show, but I'm also curious to know how they'll move forward.

5. Star Trek

One of the shows I watched as a kid, Star Trek will always hold a special place in my heart. I remember being in love with the show, and I'm planning on watching it again soon.

6. Quantum Leap

It was a ritual of Mom and I to sit in front of the TV each day and see who Scott Bakula would become in the new episode, who did the deed, why did history need changing, what could possibly happen in the future as a result of the changes he made. One of those childhood memories that I'll always cherish.

7. Xena, The Warrior Princess

Another TV show that just cannot miss from any of my TV show list. There's a lot of reasons why I love this show, and it would take me too long to talk about all of them. But, to this day, there's no other show that I love more. Except probably the next one on the list.

8. Hercules: The Legendary Journeys

Okay, so Hercules and Xena are both favorites of mine since early childhood. I grew up watching these shows religiously.

9. Lost Girl

Lost Girl ended last year, and that made me sad. I haven't watched the last two seasons, but I'm working my way to them. I'm actually re-watching the entire show. Bo was a fantastic character. The mythology of the show was fantastic, and I'm kind of sad it's over. Also, Kenzi was fantastic!

10. How To Get Away With Murder

This is a show that just plays with the viewer's head. Last season's finale did just that, because I did not expect that AT ALL! Viola Davis is the show. Sure, I love all other actors and actresses in it, but I started watching it because of her. She's fantastic. There's this scene in season 1 when she's in a courtroom and she's interrogating a senator. I got chills when I first saw that scene, because I immediately remembered Jack Nicholson's famous scene in A Few Good Men. She deserves all the awards she gets and a few others. The show might be crazy, it might even seem impossible that a bunch of people can get away with murder so easily (and not just a murder, but several), but I love it.

11. Buffy, The Vampire Slayer

This show gave me a crap-ton of good lessons growing up, just like Xena did. And just like with Xena, I could probably fill an entire post with the awesomeness of this show. *whispers* I was (and still am) Team Spike.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

I couldn't end this post without mentioning a few shows that didn't make the list, because while not my most favorite shows, they do entertain me, I do enjoy watching them, and , ultimately, I like them. A few of these shows are: Arrow, The Flash, Once Upon A Time, Castle, Grey's Anatomy, Bitten, Orphan Black, Roswell, Saved By The Bell, 90210 Beverly Hills (the original, guys, the original!), Hellcats, Agents Of SHIELD, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, The Twilight Zone, The X-Files... Trust me, I could be here all night talking about TV shows! Literally all night! I think it's safe to end this post here, otherwise you'll get bored of me.

What about you? What are your favorite TV Shows?

2 comments:

  1. Star Trek is high up on !my list, too. I have so many wonderful childhood and college memories centered around those shows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Someone else who put Hercules on their list!! I would have done Star Trek NG had I done a top 15.

    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2016/09/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-favorite-tv.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...