Monday, January 11, 2016

Obsessed With Covers #29: The Raven Cycle, Riders, Stars Above

Y'all know how much I love a pretty cover. I think about...40% of the books that end up on my shelves (be they physical or digital) do so because of the covers. Call me shallow but you have to admit that a pretty, shiny cover will catch your eye faster than a dull, boring one. Two, simple rules that I'll follow:


  • 1, 2 or 3 (no more than 3, though) covers per week;
  • books should be new-ish; no more than 2 years old.
Oh, before I share the covers that made me drool or want to stare at them for hours and hours, I have to say something. This is a semi-original idea. Why semi? Because almost every book blogger has something similar. The only thing I came up with was the title. If by any chance there's another blogger with a similar feature with the same title, I assure you I'm not stealing your idea. I'm just THAT bad with titles. Believe me, I'd love to be smarter and have a witty name for this feature, but I don't. So, no copyright infringement/theft/steal or anything of the sort was desired. All I can say is sorry :P

Photobucket

Happy Monday guys! I have pretties for you!


The Raven Cycle is a series that has some of the prettiest covers out there, but the one for this upcoming novel is my favorite. The first thing that I noticed is the stag. Since I haven't yet read this series (I only stared at the pretty covers), I'm not really sure what to make of this cover. Is it that the stag has a light shining on it or is that blue shade on it a symbol for what's happening in the book? Is it fog that conceals the ravens and the stag's antlers or something else? This cover is really making me insanely curious about the series.







The Raven King - Maggie Stiefvater




I've been staring at this cover for a while now and every time I see it I think about the same thing. I don't know if you guys saw The Last Unicorn, but this cover reminds me of that movie a lot. I love the image used and I really want to know if the horse is on fire or if the horse has an armor of fire. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that the next books in this series will be similar to this one. Obviously, reading the blurb makes it seem that the horse belongs to one of the Four Horsemen, but that tagline makes me wonder. Anyway, I love horses, so this cover needs to prettify my shelves :D





Riders - Veronica Rossi



Another series with fantastic covers. And Stars Above doesn't fail. This cover is more than gorgeous. I love the crown and I love the image of the lightning coming out of it. It also makes me think about plasma globes and I love those too. The crown is also very pretty. It seems like it's make of crystal (or glass). It's an easy cover to love, really. I wonder if the crown belongs to someone and if the stories in this book reveal that someone. I haven't kept up with the series, to my shame, so if that was revealed in the previous books, I'm sorry :P






Stars Above - Marissa Meyer
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...