Monday, January 18, 2016

Obsessed With Covers #30: City Of Light, Roadside Magic

Y'all know how much I love a pretty cover. I think about...40% of the books that end up on my shelves (be they physical or digital) do so because of the covers. Call me shallow but you have to admit that a pretty, shiny cover will catch your eye faster than a dull, boring one. Two, simple rules that I'll follow:


  • 1, 2 or 3 (no more than 3, though) covers per week;
  • books should be new-ish; no more than 2 years old.
Oh, before I share the covers that made me drool or want to stare at them for hours and hours, I have to say something. This is a semi-original idea. Why semi? Because almost every book blogger has something similar. The only thing I came up with was the title. If by any chance there's another blogger with a similar feature with the same title, I assure you I'm not stealing your idea. I'm just THAT bad with titles. Believe me, I'd love to be smarter and have a witty name for this feature, but I don't. So, no copyright infringement/theft/steal or anything of the sort was desired. All I can say is sorry :P

Photobucket


Hey guys! Happy Monday! Sorry I went missing last week, but I had some stuff going on. This week I'm bringing you Urban Fantasy covers.

The beauty of this cover stands in its simplicity. The POV used is rather interesting, making it look like the dark night sky is the focus. There's what looks like either a bridge or the deck of a yacht/ship in the lowest part of the cover. Whatever it is, it seems like it's full of water. What hits me about this cover is that despite the title, that city has no lights that I can see. So I'm really curious about that, about the discrepancies between the title and the city shown in the cover. I love the font used for the title, I've always had a thing for neon signs. I also like that the letters "bleed" light around them. I'm actually very excited about this book, because this looks like an interesting read. 




City of Light - Keri Arthur 




This cover makes me think of Ghost Rider. That and the bike are what first got my attention and made me love this cover. Because bikes are awesome! I also love the sleeve tattoos the cover model has. That's a very interesting pattern and I'm very intrigued by it. I wonder if the tattoos have a story. I also like that it seems as if his powers are coming from the tattoos. I am curious about who he's chasing, because he looks ready to go to war, dangerous, angry and very, very concentrated. I have a feeling that being on his bad side is not a good place to find yourself in.





Roadside Magic - Lilith Saintcrow




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...