Monday, October 31, 2016

Obsessed With Covers #38: Dividing Eden, Shadow Run, House Of Furies

Y'all know how much I love a pretty cover. I think about...40% of the books that end up on my shelves (be they physical or digital) do so because of the covers. Call me shallow but you have to admit that a pretty, shiny cover will catch your eye faster than a dull, boring one. Two, simple rules that I'll follow:


  • 1, 2 or 3 (no more than 3, though) covers per week;
  • books should be new-ish; no more than 2 years old.
Oh, before I share the covers that made me drool or want to stare at them for hours and hours, I have to say something. This is a semi-original idea. Why semi? Because almost every book blogger has something similar. The only thing I came up with was the title. If by any chance there's another blogger with a similar feature with the same title, I assure you I'm not stealing your idea. I'm just THAT bad with titles. Believe me, I'd love to be smarter and have a witty name for this feature, but I don't. So, no copyright infringement/theft/steal or anything of the sort was desired. All I can say is sorry :P

Photobucket

Hey there guys! It's been so long since my last OWC post. I've been in a funk lately with this feature for some reason, probably because I haven't searched for new books/covers. I've been flooded with work and I've only had enough free time to write reviews and read books. But since I have some free days from work coming up, I'm planning on catching up on my reviews and feature posts. Anyway, here are some of the prettiest covers I've seen this week.

There's something so creepy and evil about this cover art! Ever since I was a little girl I thought black and white together made for a very scary combo. I blame Cruella, because she scared the crap out of me. Even so, I think there's something insanely elegant about the combo, and mysterious. I can't help but think that the inky substance on the chair is kind of like that thing that happened to Scarlett Johansson in Lucy. So I'm so curious to know what it is, and how exactly will it "divide Eden". Also, Eden makes me think about the Garden of Eden, so I'm curious if there's any relation to that. Plus, the blurb is amazing.




Dividing Eden - Joelle Charbonneau 



One of my favorite things to do growing up was play video games. It was actually a mother-daughter activity, believe it of not, with Mom being just as in love with these games as I was. So when I saw this cover on Netgalley I remembered of the good ol' days. I can just hear the background music, getting my heart to beat faster, preparing me for when those doors open and the baddies start flooding the room. It reminds me of the game Quake II. Man, if only I had my old computer. Anyway, I am desperately curious to see what this book is about, especially since the blurb mentions it's kind of a mash-up of Firefly and Dune, so even more awesome.




Based only on the cover, this book makes me thing serial killer hiding in a nightmare-version of the hall of Hogwarts. It's the color! And the tagline, which I think it's brilliant. "They come here to die". Kind of like a twisted version of Hotel California. Now that I think about it, it does remind me a little of the Eagle's famous song. Even with the blurb. Ooooh, now I need this book in my life even more.









House of Furies - Madeleine Roux
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...