Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Auto-Buy Authors

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl

Today's Top Ten Tuesday is all about auto-buy authors. Man oh man! This is a tough one.

Let me tell you something. My passion for reading came late in life, as I've told you guys many times. It wasn't until I was about 13 that I didn't see it as a pointless activity, and it still took me 3 more years to actually fall in love with it. But in the years since I've had a few authors that became auto-buys for me. An auto-buy author for me is something that doesn't happen easily. I may talk constantly about the same group of authors for years, without this list ever changing. It means that the name alone gives me this feeling of "I have to read this, I have to own this". It's a rare thing, because with these authors I rarely read the blurb before buying the books and reading them. I just go on faith, even if I end up not liking one of their books as much as I wanted to.

Another thing to keep in mind when reading this list is this: for me an auto-buy author isn't the one that I've only read one series from, even if that includes over 10 books. So because of that, authors that are near and dear to my heart like Kresley Cole or Kelley Armstrong didn't make this list. But I do love them, so I didn't forget them.

So with that in mind, let's get started.

Top Seven Auto-Buy Authors



  1. Marc Levy
  2. Sophie Kinsella
  3. Lexi Blake
  4. J. R. R. Tolkien
  5. Mariana Zapata
  6. Larissa Ione
  7. Gena Showalter

What about you? What are your auto-buy authors?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...