Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 10 – Favorite classic book

Pride and Prejudice

I'm ashamed to say that I didn't read many classic books. I tried to, but they didn't appeal to me. The only classic book that I loved and read more times than I can count, is Pride and Prejudice. I can't give you an honest answer as to why I loved it. I just do. Maybe it was because I loved Elizabeth Bennet and her strength, charm, wit. Or maybe it was because of Mr. Darcy, who, despite being rich and uptight, he has a certain something, sort of a boyish attitude sometimes. I remember thinking he was even a little shy around Elizabeth and he was trying to act tough and bad to hide the way he felt about her.

It's also a very special book to me, in terms of firsts. It was my first classic book, my first book read in English (I remember I was about 12 or 13 and it was actually a hard read, but I managed to read it :P ), it was my first
historical romance, my first British novel. You can imagine, at 12-13, this book meant a lot of firsts in my journey as a reader. Mind you, it wasn't my first book though LOL



What's your favorite classic book?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...