The main idea behind FF is just to go see a bunch of new blogs you may never have seen before, and follow the ones you like (and they’ll follow you back!) It’s a total win/win, so take a peek around!
This week’s question is:
I like unique names for characters and am looking forward to coming up with some when I start writing. What's the most unique character name you've come across?
This is a difficult one. Since I've started reading paranormal and fantasy stories, novels, books (call them what you want/like) I've encountered a lot of unique names. I couldn't tell you which was the most unique, because they all are in a way. So I'm going to list some of my favorite below, with the book and author, and let you be the judge.
- Frodo, Gandalf, Éowyn, Éomer, (and the list goes on and on) from The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
- DiStephan from The Dragonslayer series by Resa Nelson
- Xhex, Blaylock, Payne, Xcor, Tohrment and almost all of the Brothers from The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward
- Eidolon from Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione
- Lothaire, Carrow, Rydstrom and some other from the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole
- Acheron from the Dark Hunters series by Sherrilyn Kenyon