Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Book Review: To Command and Collar by Cherise Sinclair

To Command and Collar (Masters of the Shadowlands, #6)


Author: Cherise Sinclair
Series: Masters of Shadowlands #6
Rating: 5 cups
Blurb: (from Goodreads)

Determined to find the human traffickers preying on Shadowlands’ submissives, Master Raoul gets himself invited to a small slave auction. Once informed, the FBI orders him to reject the limited choices so the slavers will invite him to the big auction. To Raoul’s shock, one of the slaves is the kidnapped friend of a Shadowlands sub. She has a scarred body…and an unbroken spirit. He can’t leave her behind. Ruining the FBI’s carefully laid plans, he buys her.

Kimberly’s freedom has come at a devastating price: the other women are still slaves. An FBI raid is their only hope for rescue. Desperate to help the Feds locate the big auction, she agrees to pose as Master Raoul’s slave. Wearing a collar again is terrifying, but under the powerful dominant’s care, Kim starts to heal and then to blossom. This is what she’s been drawn to—and fled from—her entire life.

She escaped the slavers who captured her body—can she escape the master who’s captured her heart?


I am very happy that another book from this wonderful series was published. I'm also very happy it was this story, with these characters. When I read about Kimberly in Make Me, Sir, my heart broke and I'm sure I wasn't the only one wishing she'd be saved. I have to admit that when I saw the blurb and excerpt on Ms. Sinclair's website, I squealed *blush*. I did that a lot.

This book picks up the story of the slave traffickers that Make Me, Sir started. Master Raoul volunteers to help catch the bad guys, all the while trying to find Kimberly, Gabi's best friend. So when Raoul sees her, he risks everything to get her out of the hell she's being kept in.

Raoul is the type of character I love most. He's a very complex character: he can be soft, sweet and sensitive when he needs to be, but he can also be dangerous and lethal. He's very generous, patient, smart. Of course, he has his moments when you just want to shake him, but I think it's what makes him seem real, just like every other characters in this series. He's not perfect, he makes mistakes but he tries to make up for them.

Kimberly is another wonderful character. She's been through so much since she's been kidnapped. And you can see that she's a very strong person, because she's trying really hard to overcome her fears. Not only that, but she manages to differentiate between a healthy, happy relationship and the horrors she's been through. She's also very generous herself and she tries to repay Raoul by helping his family understand some details about his life.

I loved this story. Not only does Kimberly get saved, we also get a longer scene with Master Sam and a very hot scene with the two FBI agents, Kouros and Buchanan. I find myself in a very difficult situation: should I hope for Sam's story first or for our agents? I have no idea what comes next, but I do know I can't wait for another story in this amazing series.


My Rating:
Rocked my world photo Image9.png
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...