Thursday, December 26, 2013

End of Year Book Survey 2013


Hey everyone! I'm back! I decided this year I was going to do the "End of Year Book Survey" hosted by the awesome Jamie from Perpetual Page Turner. Here we go!


 photo Image3.png

BEST IN BOOKS 2013


1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist)

While I've read a lot of awesome books, I have to say none of them tops Styxx by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

2. Book You Were Excited About &  Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

There are two books that fit here. One of them is Partials by Dan Wells. The other one I haven't finished reading yet (which is why I won't mention the title), but from what I've read so far I feel like I'm definitely missing something, because almost all the reviews I've read are more than just glowing and positive. I will finish reading it, but so far I don't seem to click with this book.

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013?

Mad World: Epidemic by Samarie Provost. I wasn't expecting to like a zombie book. Granted, the zombies are the bad guys, but still, it was surprising.

4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?

Errr...Hmmm. I am ashamed to say I can't think of any book I've recommended this year. I mean, I did do some book pimping, but not with books I've read this year. Oops.

5. Best series you discovered in 2013?

Lux by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?

Jennifer L. Armentrout, Veronica Roth, Debra Driza and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few other awesome authors out there.

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?

The Mad World series by Samaire Provost was a new one for me. Like I said before, I've never read about zombies, but I liked it :D

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?

Right now it's a tie between Larissa Ione's Reaver and Sherrilyn Kenyon's Styxx. Both are simply amazing.

9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

Ha! I like this question. So besides the by now obvious Reaver and Styxx (because those two need to be read at least two or three times) I can't wait to re-read Let The Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?



11. Most memorable character in 2013?

Four from Divergent *swoon*.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?

Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland.

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013?

If we're talking book hangover then definitely Styxx. I couldn't touch another book for about a week or so.

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to finally read?

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I kept mentally smacking myself for not picking this up earlier.

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2013?

This is one of the funniest I could think of and if you've read the Dark Hunter series, you know all about Artemis and her vocabulary problems :D And before you ask, yes, this is from Styxx.

Artemis smiled. “Yes, well, payback’s a cat.”
Acheron sighed and rubbed his head. “I absolutely give up.” 

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?

I'm not sure about the shortest book, but the longest is Styxx by Sherrilyn Kenyon, with 836 pages.

17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!

Okay, I'm going to sound like a broken record here, I know. After I read Styxx I had this massive book hangover. During it I decided to stick with Sherrilyn Kenyon and I sort of re-read the latest installment in Chronicles of Nick, Inferno. There's one scene there that ties Chronicles of Nick and Styxx and I won't talk about it because of major spoilers. But it left me wide eyed and half confused because I have no idea what to do with that information.

There was another book that had a WTF moment and it's in Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout and it involves two characters that were previously thought to be dead.

18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).

Lottie and Zan from Deeper We Fall by Chelsea M. Cameron have a very strange relationship. Yes, it eventually turns into a romantic one, but their pasts are so painful that it makes their story very unique.

19. Favorite Book You Read in 2013 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead was fantastic.

20. Best Book You Read In 2013 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else

The Assassin's Curse  by Cassandra Rose Clarke. I joined the Book Buddies group on BookBlogging and Anya from On Starships and Dragons wanted to read the second book in the series. We buddied up to read it, but I had to read the first one as well. I really enjoyed the book and I'm halfway through the second book now. I enjoy the world in this series a lot and I hope there will be more to follow :)

21. Genre You Read The Most From in 2013

This is a hard one to answer. Definitely fantasy, but I couldn't tell you the sub-genre very well. I am sure, however, that I didn't read as many contemporaries as usual.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?

Four from Divergent is my newest obsession.

23. Best 2013 debut you read?

Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza was pretty awesome. Also The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett.

24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?

Let The Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger, The Assassin's Curse.

25. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2013?

I can't choose a book for this, because I have fun reading any book. I don't have a scale for how much fun I have reading a book. If I did, then all would be at a 10.

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2013?

I cried like a baby reading Styxx. I tear up just remembering certain scenes.

27. Book You Read in 2013 That You Think Got Overlooked This Year Or When It Came Out?

Errr...I am ashamed to say I have no idea. I usually don't pay attention to how much a book is talked about unless it's way to obvious and the hype is inescapable (think Twilight).


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...