Monday, November 9, 2015

Obsessed With Covers #26: Tower of Thorns, The Silver Tide, Paper and Fire

Y'all know how much I love a pretty cover. I think about...40% of the books that end up on my shelves (be they physical or digital) do so because of the covers. Call me shallow but you have to admit that a pretty, shiny cover will catch your eye faster than a dull, boring one. Two, simple rules that I'll follow:


  • 1, 2 or 3 (no more than 3, though) covers per week;
  • books should be new-ish; no more than 2 years old.
Oh, before I share the covers that made me drool or want to stare at them for hours and hours, I have to say something. This is a semi-original idea. Why semi? Because almost every book blogger has something similar. The only thing I came up with was the title. If by any chance there's another blogger with a similar feature with the same title, I assure you I'm not stealing your idea. I'm just THAT bad with titles. Believe me, I'd love to be smarter and have a witty name for this feature, but I don't. So, no copyright infringement/theft/steal or anything of the sort was desired. All I can say is sorry :P

Photobucket

So, here are the prettiest covers I've seen this week.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22567177-tower-of-thorns

Something you might not know about me is that I love tapestries. There's just something about the details, the colors, the shapes that attracts me. They're my favorite art pieces to see when I go to an art museum. Paintings too, but the tapestries....they're just so, so gorgeous. This cover reminds of that. There's a medieval feeling to it, to the rich colors in the background and the darker tones around the girl. There's a lot going on in this cover that I love, but I can tell you that I really want to see this cover in real life, mostly to see if the cover is just as gorgeous as it is on screen.




Tower of Thorns - Juliet Marillier



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25863014-the-silver-tide

This cover makes me think about ink drawing, which is another art form that I really like. This reminds me of the art classes I had in middle school (aaaaages ago!) and the ways in which to create shadows with just one color. Strangely, I remember that class. I'm babbling, sorry. Anyway, I really love the artistry of this cover and I'd love to have this photo in a frame, somewhere above my shelves, because it is just gorgeous. And since this book is part of a series, I checked out the rest of the books and they have equally gorgeous covers. Guess there's a cover-buy in my near future.





The Silver Tide - Jen Williams



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25890355-paper-and-fire

As was the case with the first cover of the series, the sequel has a gorgeous cover as well. The burnt shape in the middle makes me insanely curious, as I want to see what the dragons are doing or what are they protecting. It also makes me think that they're the ones who breathed fire on whatever it is that was underneath them, to hide some secret. Don't you just love it when a cover of a book tells a story itself? I really have to read this book, because I need to know what those dragons are doing.






Paper and Fire - Rachel Caine
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...