Monday, June 29, 2015

Obsessed With Covers #21: Into the Dim, Burning Glass & Reign of Shadows

Y'all know how much I love a pretty cover. I think about...40% of the books that end up on my shelves (be they physical or digital) do so because of the covers. Call me shallow but you have to admit that a pretty, shiny cover will catch your eye faster than a dull, boring one. Two, simple rules that I'll follow:


  • 1, 2 or 3 (no more than 3, though) covers per week;
  • books should be new-ish; no more than 2 years old.
Oh, before I share the covers that made me drool or want to stare at them for hours and hours, I have to say something. This is a semi-original idea. Why semi? Because almost every book blogger has something similar. The only thing I came up with was the title. If by any chance there's another blogger with a similar feature with the same title, I assure you I'm not stealing your idea. I'm just THAT bad with titles. Believe me, I'd love to be smarter and have a witty name for this feature, but I don't. So, no copyright infringement/theft/steal or anything of the sort was desired. All I can say is sorry :P

Photobucket

So, here are the prettiest covers I've seen this week.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23212980-into-the-dim
 I discovered this book during last night's Fledgling Authors Twitter chat. I can't help but love this cover! The first thing that I noticed is the snow! *excited monkey* I love snow! And thunders. There's are thunders. And the girl. Am I the only one who sees Bonnie Wright in this photo? Doesn't she look EXACTLY like her?

I also love the infinity symbol used in the title. Oh, and let's not forget about her cape. I love that color! Dark green. It looks almost like emeralds. I love emeralds. Basically I love this cover and it needs to be in my shelf.




Into The Dim - Janet B. Taylor




https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23677316-burning-glass
Is that an amethyst I see? *heart eyes* There's something hauntingly beautiful about this cover. Aside from the amethyst. It's the ashes beneath the jewel, the dust coming out of the necklace. The sparks behind it, that somehow look like fiery stars. And nothing else. It's the fact that in the picture the only thing visible is the lone piece of jewelry that I like most.









Burning Glass - Kathryn Purdie



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24657660-reign-of-shadows
I don't think I'll ever get tired of covers such as this one. The font used for the title is gorgeous. And the covers are so beautiful. However colorful the cover might be, it gives me the impression of a scary story. Or a scary scene. I look at this and I can imagine one of those panic-inducing instrumental songs movies use to increase the feeling of danger. I really want to see the cover in real life.








Reign of Shadows - Sophie Jordan
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...