Sometimes it happens that a certain song and a book or a scene from the book I'm reading sort of... click. It's like they were made for each other. At least for me. And so I will almost always think of that particular book when hearing that song. I thought I'd share my book soundtracks with you.
Keep in mind that I have a very... weird taste in music. You'll find mostly rock music, country or the 80s-early 90s music in these lists. I might use some "contemporary" songs from now and then, but don't bet on it being something other than those particular genres. Also, not always the songs will be in English. If I have a link to a translation for the lyrics, I'll post it. If you like a song I'm using, that's fine. If not, that's fine too, just don't say I didn't warn you.
The songs aren't always on a book's playlist for their lyrics. Sometimes they're there for an instrument or for a feeling I get when hearing them. Also, I won't always mention what scene I used them for. If it's not a spoiler, I'll share the scene, if it is a spoiler, I'll let you guess.
Anyway, I hope you like my playlists :)
Hey guys! It's been a while since I've done one of these lists. I have inspiration right now. This is mostly because having no internet for a while forced me to listen to the radio more than I usually did.
This week's book soundtrack is for Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
- The Pierces - Secret - I just couldn't not include this song on the playlist.
- The Pierces - Boring - I picked this song for two reasons: the flashbacks and the way "old" Samantha & crew are described.
- Ke$ha - Die Young - This song fits with the image of Sam, the party girl. At least it does in my head.
- The Chainsmokers - #SELFIE - The lyrics fit with the meanness of Sam's old friends and even Sam herself. And the sound of this song fits with old Sam.
- Natalia Kills - Problem (Explicit) - This song fits both Samantha and Cassie. I'm not sure which girl is described better by this song. There's a little bit of Cassie in there, but if you've read the book, you know that Samantha wasn't necessarily a good girl in the past, either.
- Indila - Dernière Danse - The feel of this song fits Samantha as she's struggling with not having any memories. And even the lyrics fit, in a more symbolic way.
Liked this list? Want more? Click here for previous Sunday Book Soundtrack posts.