Friday, June 12, 2015

TV Madness: How To Get Away With Murder

 


I'm always on the hunt for new TV shows to watch. I honestly like watching TV shows more than I do movies. Why, you ask? Well, it's the same thing with book series: I get to spend way more time with the characters and the story. There's much more space for the characters to grow and reveal all their quirks. 

I remember last year when the promo for How To Get Away With Murder came out and the first thing that drew my eye was Viola Davis. Let's face it, she's awesome! And there was a scene in the trailer with her presenting what her subject was about and I absolutely loved that scene. So I knew this show was on my "to-watch" list. For some reason though, it has stayed on that list up until about a month ago, when I went on a road trip. I went to my grandmother's for a week and when I turned on the TV, the pilot was on. I have to say, I was hooked from the last scene of that pilot, when they reveal who the dead body was. Holy crap, I did not see that one coming! 

What I love most about the show are the numerous twists and turns that I don't see coming most of the time. It's like a roller coaster. I don't understand who killed whom and I'm staying away from spoilers (IT'S SO HARD, GUYS!!). The funny part is that Mom already saw the show and she's gloating, because she knows what happens next and she's always saying things like "Oh, you wait and see next week's episode". And that's it. She then goes to do some other stuff! So unfair!

Anyway, back to the show. I love the writing and the flash-forward scenes are done amazingly well. And Viola Davis is just...there's a scene in one of the episodes where she's in the courtroom and she's interrogating the witness in such an aggressive way that I got goosebumps when I saw it. She should've won the Golden Globes nomination, because she is doing a perfect job. 

The nerd in me can't help but do a happy dance that one of the actors from Harry Potter is in this show - Alfred Enoch. It took me a while to recognize him, but when I did I squee-ed like the big nerd that I am. I was so impressed by his accent. And with each scene I wonder if Wes knows more than he's letting on. 

So I'm obsessed with this show. And I'm so, so, so happy that it got picked up for another season. I hope it gets to have many more seasons after that, because the show is just great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...