Friday, November 2, 2018

#COYER 2018 Sign Up Post


It's time, folks. I have tried to fool myself into thinking I can do this alone, but I need help. I need COYER this year, because if not, my e-reader will explode. I may or may not have an addiction to freebies and deals, and I need to be an adult about it and admit it to myself. And I'm hoping that by participating in COYER I'll get my butt into gear and read them.



What is COYER, you ask? Well, it's a wonderful reading challenge hosted by Berls and Michelle from Because Reading. Here are the rules:

  • Read Your E-Reads! Every book you read MUST be in an electronic format – meaning E-Book or Audiobook. It’s okay to start a book before December 1st, you must be less than half way for it to count then review it during COYER.
  • The books must be FREE or NEARLY FREE! This includes review books, tour books, NetGalley, Edelweiss, etc. What’s nearly free? No more than $2 for ebooks and no more than $5 for Audiobooks (or the equivalent in your currency). This does NOT include library books, borrowed books, or Kindle Unlimited books.
  • Announce your participation! This can be a blog post (or if you don’t have a blog – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Booklikes, Goodreads, Shelfari, etc.) If you want to list books you would like to read, that’s great, but not necessary. The point is to let Berls and Michelle and everybody else know you’re committed to COYER, maybe share some goals, and help spread the word. 
  • Review & Link Reviews! Your review may be on your blog, Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, etc. Link the review to the Review Linky (which will be available on the kick off post on December 1st).
  • Visit Each Other, Chat & Have Fun!
***

My Goal: I'm going to be honest with you, I'm not having a goal here. I'm willing to read as much or as little as I can. BUT. Since this challenge starts December 1st 2018 and ends March 1st 2019, that means I could read 10 books a month, so at least 30 books. I think I can do better than that, but I'll be happy with 30 books. I'm also NOT going to make a list of books, because we all know how bad I am with respecting those. I'm going to go with the flow so to speak, but I do hope I'll put a considerable dent in my freebies collection, which is huge. 

Are you joining? I hope you are, because this sounds like a very fun challenge. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...