Monday, November 5, 2018

Down The TBR Hole #8: The Confused Edition


Hello dear book lovers and welcome to another post in the Down The TBR Hole feature hosted by the awesome Lia.

Last time I did this I ended with 2934 books on my TBR. But since that was almost a month ago, I of course ended up adding books on my TBR so we start today with 2946 books. A big step back, BUT I hope to make some progress today.

I named this post "The Confused Edition" because, as you'll see in the post, most of these books are books that I have no clue how come I haven't read yet. I'm genuinely confused by the fact that they're still in my TBR pile instead of on my Read pile, and I have no excuse or explanation for this situation. I hope I'll rectify this situation soon, once COYER starts. Let's get started!




  • Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H. P. Mallory - I honestly have no excuse for why I haven't read this book already. It's vampires and witches, so I should have already read it. I'm hoping to read it soon, before the year is done. Or maybe it could be one of my COYER books. Verdict: It stays
  • Extreme Exposure by Pamela Clare - This is another book I have no clue why I kept pushing towards the back of my TBR. I've been meaning to try out Pamela Clare's books for a while now. I need to get my butt in gear and read this book. I did however took off the rest of the series off of my TBR, just to keep everything neat and in a somewhat order. Verdict: It stays
  • Rescue Me by Cherry Adair, Lora Leigh, Cindy Gerard - When I added this book, I added it for mostly two reasons: 1. because Paul Marron was on the cover and let me tell you, any cover that man is on will grab my attention; and 2. because Lora Leigh had a novella in it. I have heard of the other two authors, and I'm definitely going to read all three stories in it. Verdict: It stays
  • The Darkest Hour by Maya Banks - Can you tell I was in a military romance mood at the time I added these books on my TBR? I was attracted by the premise, and the fact that one of the heavy names in romance wrote it. I'm definitely going to read this book, but I just am not sure exactly when. Verdict: It stays
  • Tied with a Bow by Lora Leigh, Virginia Kantra, Eileen Wilks, Kimberly Frost - This is another book I added because it had Lora Leigh on the cover, but also because it sounded like the perfect winter read. Hopefully I'll get to it this season. Verdict: It stays

  • Midnight Rainbow by Linda Howard - I love Linda Howard. I've read a few books by her, and each and every one is just a gem. I don't know why I haven't yet read Midnight Rainbow though. Verdict: It stays
  • The Shadow Thief by Marc Levy - *long sigh* Marc Levy is one of my favorite authors, and if you follow my Instagram, you know I'll take any opportunity available to photograph his books. The Shadow Thief is one of those books that I wasn't able to get into the first time around. I'm hoping to get into it though. Verdict: It stays
  • Blood of the Reich by William Dietrich - This is one of the out-of-place books on my TBR list. I think it's one of the books I requested from Netgalley when Netgalley was still a baby site, and I was trying to read books that not only were out of my comfort zone, but were also "serious" literature. Remember, I was also a baby blogger back then, and I wasn't sure what my niche was (not that I know now, the difference is that now I just don't care lol). I'm scared of reading this book. I'm still interested in reading it, but I'm so scared. Verdict: Moved to the maybe shelf
  • It Takes A Witch by Heather Blake - This is, like most books on today's list, a book that I just...forgot to read. It should be a no-brainer for me to read it, since it's cozy mystery and witches. So I'm going to read this one soon. Verdict: It stays
  • Deadly Sins by Lora Leigh - I know exactly why I haven't yet read this book and it's such a painful reason. As a die-hard fan of Lora Leigh, I was super disappointed by the fact that I had no interest in reading this book. I wasn't super happy with the previous book in this series, so I'm not 100% sure I'll be reading this one. Maybe I have too high expectations for this book, because it's a Lora Leigh title. I do know that I'll be moving this one to the maybe shelf though. Does anyone think the woman model looks like Rhona Mitra? Verdict: Moved to the maybe shelf









  • Everneath by Brodi Ashton - I remember when everyone was talking about this book. I don't know why I haven't yet read it, since I'm usually a sucker for anything even remotely related to Persephone and Hades, and this sounds just like that kind of story. Verdict: It stays
  • The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff - WHY HAVEN'T I READ THIS BEFORE?? Can you believe that before I did this post I actually FORGOT about this book??? *smacks self* I remember what made me want to read it, now that I think about it. The fact that it's about the love child of Lilith and Lucifer. This also sounds like just the perfect read for Halloween. I need to read this book ASAP. Verdict: It stays
  • Hellsbane by Paige Cuccaro - I don't remember adding this book but reading the blurb I can see why. Half-angels, Fallen angels, angels and maybe even demons. So basically everything I need to want to read this book. I'm definitely going to check this out soon. Verdict: It stays
  • Masque of The Read Death by Bethany Griffin - I added this book first because of the cover, second because I was on a dystopian kick at the time. The steampunk elements held me back, because I don't have the best of relationship with steampunk books. I just haven't found the right one yet, maybe. Verdict: Moved to the maybe shelf
  • Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison - How come I haven't yet read this book? I'm glad you asked. I don't know. I'm not even going to try to excuse myself, really. Verdict: It stays



  • Deadly Captive by Bianca Sommerland - Every now and then I get in the mood to read really dark erotica. And when I say really dark, I mean the stuff that usually makes me sweat ice, that doesn't let me sleep at night. I can't explain it, I've just learned it's just another one of my reading quirks. So that's when I added this book on my TBR. I'll probably read it when I get in one of my dark moods again. Verdict: Moved to the maybe shelf
  • Hour of the Lion by Cherise Sinclair - Should I even say it? I don't even have words at this point. I feel so bad for not getting to this book before today. I'm going to take advantage of COYER though, because I did get it when it was a freebie a few months ago or last year. Verdict: It stays
  • The Accidental Werewolf by Dakota Cassidy - I remember seeing this book in the biggest bookshop in my town, but for the life of me I can't tell you why I didn't grab it. I do remember finding the first chapter, which I managed to read right when I saw it, really funny, so I'm definitely going to read it. Verdict: It stays
  • How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper - I don't remember this book. Reading the blurb, I can tell why I added it. I was obsessed with werewolves when this book was added on my TBR, so it's no wonder I wanted to read it. Plus, who doesn't dream of finding a naked hunky werewolf on their porch? Verdict: It stays
  • What Do You Say To A Naked Elf by Cheryl Sterling - I do remember seeing this book around Shelfari way back when. With a title like that, how could I not notice it? Even now I have a lot of high expectations, because with a title like that I'm expecting insane humor and tons of smut. Pair that with the rather disappointed reviews, and I'm not sure I still want to read this book. Verdict: It goes
***
Out of the 20 books I went through today I moved 4 to my maybe shelf and took one book off of my TBR shelf for good. So that wouldn't make such a big difference, BUT I also deleted a few sequels from series that I haven't started yet, so that brings my total back down to 2936. Which is good, but not that great. Oh well. See you next time!

2 comments:

  1. Well at east you got rid of a book and some sequels. I've culled my books a few times. This last time I was left with less than 300 and I am still there (for now). If I can't see myself really loving a book or reading it soon then it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wonder when i'll actually start going through my own shelves.
    i love reading this posts, its awesome seeing you so excited about some of these

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...