Sometimes it happens that a certain song and a book or a scene from the book I'm reading sort of... click. It's like they were made for each other. At least for me. And so I will almost always think of that particular book when hearing that song. I thought I'd share my book soundtracks with you.
Keep in mind that I have a very... weird taste in music. You'll find mostly rock music, country or the 80s-early 90s music in these lists. I might use some "contemporary" songs from now and then, but don't bet on it being something other than those particular genres. Also, not always the songs will be in English. If I have a link to a translation for the lyrics, I'll post it. If you like a song I'm using, that's fine. If not, that's fine too, just don't say I didn't warn you.
The songs aren't always on a book's playlist for their lyrics. Sometimes they're there for an instrument or for a feeling I get when hearing them. Also, I won't always mention what scene I used them for. If it's not a spoiler, I'll share the scene, if it is a spoiler, I'll let you guess.
Anyway, I hope you like my playlists :)
This week's book soundtrack is for my newest literary obsession, Vampire Academy. What can I say, I love this series very, very much. If you want to read my review for Vampire Academy, go here.
- Godsmack - Vampires - Cliché ? Yes, yes it is and I'm not ashamed. I love that song and it seems perfect for almost every vampire book :D
- Evanescence - Bring Me To Life - For me, this is the song for Lissa and Christian. Even the lyrics fit with how I see Lissa before she met Christian and how he helps her. Cheesy, maybe, but it still sounds perfect to me :D
- Hugo - 99 problems - Love the song. But don't ask what it has to do with Vampire Academy. At the time it seemed like a bad-ass song meant for a bad-ass Rose
- Runaways - I Love Playing With Fire - If you've read the book, you might know which scene I think this is perfect for. If not, think about a certain necklace ;)
- The Pierces - Two Can Keep a Secret
- Prince - When Doves Cry - If you've read the book, you know about the scene with this particular song. Can't say I'm a huge Prince fan, but now I can't hear that song without thinking about the scene.