Friday, January 18, 2013

Movie Review: Silver Linings Playbook

*the poster picture links to the movie's official website


I just saw this movie and WOW! I've been a fan of Bradley Cooper ever since I saw him in the role of the smart, cute, "in-love-with-his-friend" reporter in the TV show Alias. And I've seen him in other roles since then, so I wasn't surprised by the fact that he does a fantastic job.

The surprise for me was Jennifer Lawrence. Now, before you throw things at me, let me tell you that no, I haven't seen The Hunger Games. I'm not going to see it until I read the book. I decided that's what I want to do and I'm sticking with it. I'm just waiting for the craziness of the new year to go away and for the free time to come and sweep me off my feet *snort* Anyway, back to Ms. Lawrence. She was amazing. Purely amazing. She was funny without trying to and she had those moments where her face was sort of icy cold, no feelings, but her eyes showed the emotion I was supposed to get from the scene. I do believe she's a great actress.

Robert De Niro has a small, but amazing role. There's a scene where he's with Bradley Cooper and he's sort of having a father-son moment and it's breathtaking. I was almost in tears when I saw that scene.

I loved the story too. Had no idea it was a book adaptation. I might be tempted to read the book, I'm not sure yet, to be honest. And there's this scene where Cooper's character says something so simple, and yet so deep: "Maybe we [meaning the people with mental problems] know something that you [a.k.a the sane people] don't." I liked that.

I now hope that Cooper and Lawrence and the movie win at the Oscars. I do believe the movie was fantastic.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...