Sometimes it happens that a certain song and a book or a scene from the book I'm reading sort of... click. It's like they were made for each other. At least for me. And so I will almost always think of that particular book when hearing that song. I thought I'd share my book soundtracks with you.
Keep in mind that I have a very... weird taste in music. You'll find mostly rock music, country or the 80s-early 90s music in these lists. I might use some "contemporary" songs from now and then, but don't bet on it being something other than those particular genres. Also, not always the songs will be in English. If I have a link to a translation for the lyrics, I'll post it. If you like a song I'm using, that's fine. If not, that's fine too, just don't say I didn't warn you.
The songs aren't always on a book's playlist for their lyrics. Sometimes they're there for an instrument or for a feeling I get when hearing them. Also, I won't always mention what scene I used them for. If it's not a spoiler, I'll share the scene, if it is a spoiler, I'll let you guess.
Anyway, I hope you like my playlists :)
This week's book soundtrack is Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead (read my review here)
- Eagles - Doolin Dalton
- Hoobastank - The Reason - I believe Rose and Dimitri found their "reasons" in each other.
- Shinedown - Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide - For Rose and Christian in a certain scene where I believe they were an amazing team
- Poets of the Fall - Locking up the Sun - Can't really say much, because it would be a major spoiler. I'll just say ghost and that's that. Read the book if you want to know more :P
- Prince - Purple Rain
- Lenny Kravitz - I'll be waiting - Adrian. If you've read the book, you should know what scene I'm talking about.
- Chris Rea - Road to Hell - When Rose leaves school to search for Dimitri. I think it's the best way to describe that scene.