Saturday, September 29, 2018

Monthly Wrap-Up: September 2018



September is almost over, and I can't really wrap my brain around that. I didn't even feel September passing. I did, however feel the last few days, because Mother Nature just decided she was done heating up my little corner of the world and temperatures dropped from 86°F (30°C) to 66°F (19°F) in just two days and I basically turned into a popsicle. It's not pretty, people, it is just not pretty. I don't mourn the end of the heat wave, but that is cold way too fast if you ask me.


What I Read

September was a really slow month for me. I guess the marathon reading I did in August finally caught up with me, and I wasn't as invested in reading as I would have liked. As such, I only read 4 books this month:



I'm in the middle of my 5th book, but we'll see how that goes. I'm not really into pushing myself this month, because October is going to be hectic enough that I'm sure I'll end up making up for the books I haven't read.

I also wrote a few more reviews:

What I Watched

I finally convinced mom to watch Arrow with me and we're already halfway into the first season. I'm very proud of myself, if you want to know. I loved the first few seasons of Arrow and I wanted to give the newest seasons a second chance, and what better way than to pester my mom into watching it as well. 

I'm also watching The Brave, which I know unfortunately it didn't get picked up for a second season, but I do have fun watching it. 

What I Listened To

I wasn't as invested in discovering new artists or new albums this month. I did however stumble by complete accident across The Complete Million Dollar Quartet album on Spotify, a recording of a jam-type session between Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Johnny Cash, and I am in love at the moment. It probably is the discovery of the year for me, musically speaking. I have no clue if anything can top that, to be honest. 

Other than that, one of my BFFs, A.G, is currently sending me videos on Youtube of Ghost, a German rock band, and I'm quite enjoying them. I might just spend one of these days listening to their albums. They kind of remind me a little bit of Scorpions with a sprinkling of Poets of the Fall, which I love. I can trust A.G to send me good songs.

Reading Challenges progress

As expected, I didn't make an insane progress this month. Like I said, I was in a bit of a reading slump/burned out after the marathon ARC reading session of August. So I only made progress on one reading challenge. Which makes me a bit ashamed of myself, but life is life. 

New Authors Reading Challenge: 23 out of 100 authors, 23% done

Plans for October

I have really big plans for October. As you probably already saw, I signed up for Blogoween and I'm very excited about all the prompts. I ended up signing for the 3rd level, which means I'm going to write a blog post every day. It was also a way for me to challenge myself. I've never been able to post every day of the month, and I really want a month of doing so, and Blogoween is the perfect way to ensure I do so. 

I also am working on some graphics for the occasion, and a new theme for my Bookstagram account, and I hope I'll be able to finish everything by Monday. It's been a little while since I last played with vector art and photo manipulation, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll manage to finish everything by tomorrow night. 

***
What about you? How was September for you?

3 comments:

  1. All the bestest for the Blogoween Ruby. I gave Arrow after the 3rd season!


    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, good luck on your Blogoween! It would be so much for me to post every day, I'm looking forward to your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. September was also a slow reading month for me. I found myself reading very slowly. But I'm sure we will do better in October. Good luck for the Blogoween. I've not yet decided if I'm going to join it (I know, I know - it starts tomorrow and I have yet to make up my mind =P).

    Happy readings! ;)
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...