Tuesday, April 16, 2019

2019 Bookending Spring Day 7: How To Quickly & Easily Make Graphics for Blog & Social Media



Welcome to day 7 of the massive Bookending Spring event! The prompt for the day is ahow to make graphics for our blogs. Remember to check out Sam's I Give a Sheet post. The prompt, as already mentioned in the previous two days, was originally created by AJ @ For The Love of Diversity in Books. Let's get started!


How To Quickly & Easily Make Graphics for Blog & Social Media


My blog went through many graphic designs, most of which were made by your truly. In this blog's infancy I used an older version of Corel's Paint Shop Pro exclusively, which I absolutely adore and I may start to use again in the near future.

Currently though I'm using a mix of my own photographs and Canva, and I'm learning how to use Lightroom and Snapseed.

I decided to use my photos in my blog when I realized I had all this unused material from bookstagram, photos I was discarding because they weren't what I wanted for my bookstagram feed, so I decided why not use them on my blog? Which is what you can see on a few of my posts, like Wednesday Chatter.

Canva is a good alternative to Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro, a free alternative that is really easy to use. I used it to make my banner and my rating graphics, as well as some other graphics that you can find all over my blog. I use Canva because it's free, but also because it lets me get rid of the headache that is losing my files, which happened once with Paint Shop Pro. It was a time! But Canva allows you to duplicate works, go back and tweak some of them, delete, undo and constantly work on your designs, and I love that!

Snapseed and the free Lightroom app are new to me, and I'm only using them on my travel photography IG, Rubyjotravels. I'm having fun discovering everything that I can do with these apps, and I am using Youtube tutorials heavily at this point, and free "recipes" I find on pinterest or IG. Out of the two I find Snapseed easier to use. I'm not sure if there's a paid version of Snapseed, but I have yet to encounter a feature I have to pay for, as opposed to Lightroom. Usually I tweak a lot of my photos on Lightroom and then more on Snapseed for some fine tuning.

What about you guys? What are you using to create your graphics? 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...