Monday, April 1, 2019

2019 Bookending Spring Day 1: 2019 Spring Releases



Hello my dears! Welcome to day 1 of the Bookending Spring event. Our first host is the awesome Jayati @ It’s Just A Coffee Addicted Bibliophile and she has some great prompts. Her first prompt that starts off this event is all about the Spring Releases we cannot wait to get our hands on.

You can check out Jayati's Anticipated 2019 Spring Releases on her blog.

Let's get started.

2019 Spring Releases



I haven't had that much time to focus on upcoming releases as much as I wanted to, so these are all books I've gotten the ARCs for. And yes, this is exactly what you think it is, a way for me to keep myself in check not only with requesting (I've actually been on a requesting ban for the last 3 weeks and I've only had two incidents in which I caved and requested two books), but also a way to make sure I read these books before the release date. I'm going to share my top 5 list, just to keep things simple and short, but I have a lot of books to be excited for.




  • The first book on my list is The Killer Across the Table: Unlocking the Secrets of Serial Killers and Predators with the FBI's Original Mindhunter by John E. Douglas, Mark Olshaker. The moment I saw this book I knew I had to read it. First and foremost, because when I was studying for my Bachelor's Degree, we had an entire module of Introduction to Social Psychology dedicated to serial killers, and I've been hooked on studying the psychology of criminals ever since. This is a way for me to not only brush up on some of the things I knew, but also to learn more things. The second reason why I wanted to read this book so much is because I've been on a true crime kick for the past month or so, and I've binge watched true crime shows and listened to a lot of true crime podcasts, so I figured why not tackle that topic in my reading as well.
  • The second book I'm excited for is Madame Tussaud by Geri Walton. To my great shame, I know nothing about Madame Tussaud, aside from the fact that there's a bunch of wax museums with that name open around the world with statues of famous people in them, and everybody goes nuts for them. I really want to know what the story behind the museum is, how it all got started, and the person behind it all. Reading the blurb made me even more curious, because of the time period she lived in, so I'm very excited to learn more about her.
  • Next up is Never Deny a Duke by Madeline Hunter. As you probably noticed I rediscovered my love of historical romance at the beginning of the year, and I'm on a roll. I'm excited to read this book, hopefully I'll manage to find a way to put it on my OWLs TBR.
  • The fourth book on my list is Conspiracies of Conspiracies by Thomas Milan Konda. This book was published in March, but I didn't have time to get to it, but I will this month. Aside from true crime, I've been on a history kick, mostly inspired by my love of the TV show Timeless. I'm mostly interested in learning about the history I never read about in my history books, and this book sounds just like the book for me right now.
  • Last, but definitely not least, is Repeat by Kylie Scott. We know I love me some Kylie Scott. I'm actually reading this book right now, and so far I'm enjoying it a lot. This book was first released as an audiobook, and the ebook is set to come out in the first days of April, and I'm excited for everyone to read it.

What about you? What are some of the books on your Spring Anticipated Releases list?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...