Sunday, July 29, 2018

Sunday Post #2


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 

Hello dear book lovers! I am so happy this week is over!

What I read



This week I can't say I read all that much. I read one full novel, Ash Princess, and 3 Kelley Armstrong short stories from the Otherworld world, in preparation of my upcoming reread of the series, which I plan on doing in September. The heat has been quite unbearable, enough that I feel my eyelids sweating and I don't have the energy to focus on reading for too long. And I don't want to keep the AC on all day, because it's not good for the pupster, so there you have it. I'm a very responsible dog mom.

What I watched

I actually started rewatching Lost Girl with my mom. I loved that show and I'm so sad it's over. Other than that, I recently saw Woman in Gold, which I adored. I'm craving some urban fantasy shows, in the vein of Buffy and Lost Girl, but there aren't all that many out there and that makes me insanely sad. 

What I listened to

I've actually been listening to the radio a lot, mostly country, as well as some 50s rock playlists on Spotify. 

I also stumbled across Restoration: The Songs of Elton John and Bernie Taupin and Revamp: The Songs of Elton John and Bernie Taupin. I was surprised by quite a few songs on these albums, my favorite one being Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters by Maren Morris. I didn't know the song before I heard it on this album, but I really like Maren Morris and she did a great job with this song.

On The Blog

Next week is a pretty exciting week on the blog. I have a few reviews planned for next week, and a special edition of Spinning The Yarn. ARC August also starts next week and I was thinking of writing weekly updates. I'm also excited about Top Ten Tuesday, and I'm having some ideas for a new discussion post. I'm also thinking about doing my own little reading marathon before Wednesday, so that I can start ARC August with a clean slate (and conscience as well lol)


Let's talk. How was your week? Did you read the books you wanted to read?

1 comment:

  1. I hope it cools down soon. I hate the heat because it’s so hard to stay focused on anything. I’m very ready for fall. Have a good week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...