Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Popular Books that Lived Up to the Hype

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl

Hello my dear book lovers! Today's Top Ten Tuesday is about all those overhyped books that were as good as most people said, and there have definitely been a few over the years that have lived up to the hype. So without further ado, here are

Ten Popular Books that Lived Up to the Hype




  • Caraval was definitely worth the hype. Now I'm just terrified of reading Legendary, but I want to find out who Legend is. My review here

  • To Kill A Kingdom was everything they said it was and more. My review will be up later this week and I am most definitely not going to sound intelligent in any way, because it was absolutely fantastic!
  • I actually loved Ash Princess a lot more than I expected. If you want to know more, you can read my review here
  • I remember the hype that was around Vampire Academy when the last book came out and I finally caved and read it. I didn't expect to like YA vampire stories, but I did and it's still one of my favorite series. My review here
  • I read Dead Until Dark before the mega hype around it started, before the show True Blood was one of "the" shows everyone watched. So I'm glad I got to see the hype grow around me, instead of me learning about the book after the hype reached insane levels.

  • Bitten is definitely a book worth the hype. Actually the entire Women of the Otherworld series is worth the hype.
  • Have you ever had a book or a series just be there every day for years on end? Well, Masters and Mercenaries is definitely one of those series that has been there for what seems like forever. I finally got the chance to read a short story in the series and now I'm hooked. And I still love Ian *heart eyes* My review here
  • I've waited a while before I read First Grave On The Right but I absolutely loved it. Once the last book of the series comes out, I'm planning on binge reading it. 
  • It's not a secret I loved Batman Nightwalker and I'll probably mention about my love of this book whenever I get the chance. My review here
  • I loved The DUFF and I am only sad I found out about it a little before the movie came out. It's definitely a book worth reading. My review here
***
Let's discuss. What are some hyped books that you were pleasantly surprised by?

3 comments:

  1. I also enjoyed Vampire Academy, and I've heard great things about Caraval. It's on my TBR list. Some hyped books I was pleasantly surprised by are Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson and Scythe by Neal Shusterman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Kill a Kingdom was pretty great. I still haven't read Legendary either. It keeps staring at me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t read any of these, but I love the Caraval photo.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...