Monday, January 21, 2019

Down The TBR Hole #10

Hello dear book lovers and welcome to another post in the Down The TBR Hole feature hosted by the awesome Lia.

So as I promised last week I did some off-screen TBR cleaning, with books I either knew I wasn't going to ever pick up to read or sequels of books I haven't yet read, because if I end up reading the first book and I enjoy it, chances are high I'll read the sequels as well, so no harm done there. Because of that, I'm starting today's cleaning with an amazing 2849, which is the lowest I've ever seen that number. I'm proud of getting there, which is why I'm going to look at 20 books today. Let's start!


The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisThe Palace by Chelsea Quinn YarbroFaery Tales & Nightmares by Melissa MarrHereafter by Tara HudsonThe Snow Queen's Shadow by Jim C. Hines


  • The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis - I read the first two books in the series and for some reason I stopped afterwards. I know I stared reading them while I was in university, way before starting my blog. I want to finish reading this series, so this book is staying on my TBR. Verdict: It stays
  • The Palace by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro - This is one of those books I pick up from the shelf every other year or so, with every intention of reading it, and then put it right back from where I grabbed it. I have no idea why. I adored the first book, so it shouldn't be such a hard task to commit to reading this book, except for the fact that I'm so scared that this book will suffer from the Sequel Syndrome. However, since I do own this book, I guess I will get to it eventually. Verdict: It stays
  • Faery Tales & Nightmares by Melissa Marr - Although I haven't read any Melissa Marr books before, this one promises to be full of dark fairy tales and we all know I'm a fan of those. Verdict: It stays
  • Hereafter by Tara Hudson - I love ghost stories as much as the next girl, but there's something keeping me from wanting to pick up this book now. The blurb sounds promising, and the reviews go from "I couldn't finish this" all the way to "I loved this so much". I would be more inclined to read this book had it not been part of a trilogy, which sounds weird even to me, I know, but that's just how I feel at the moment. Verdict: It goes
  • The Snow Queen's Shadow by Jim C. Hines - I heard about this series way, way before even thinking about starting my book blog. I don't know why I haven't picked this series up yet (nor do I honestly have a real excuse for why the fourth book is in my TBR but not the first one *shrugs*) BUT I do know I want to read the series. I also went and read the excerpt from Amazon and I'm very intrigued, so I'll check it out as soon as I get done with my immediate TBR. Verdict: It stays

Fateful by Claudia GrayAlpha Instinct by Katie ReusForbidden by Syrie James & Ryan M. JamesAdventures in Funeral Crashing by Milda HarrisThe Last Slayer by Nadia Lee

  • Fateful by Claudia Gray - Titanic and Werewolves. Titanic is not my favorite movie, but I am curious if these two characters survive the shipwreck. Verdict: It stays.
  • Alpha Instinct by Katie Reus - The blurb kind of makes me think this is a spinoff series of some other series. That being said, it looks like all the books are about different couples, and we all know I'm a sucked for paranormal romance, so I'm probably going to bump this series up in my TBR. Verdict: It stays
  • Forbidden by Syrie James & Ryan M. James - I do know why I added this book in my TBR, unfortunately I don't feel as curious about it as I once did. Verdict: It goes
  • Adventures in Funeral Crashing by Milda Harris - This is a book I've been meaning to read for a long time. I have no idea why exactly I haven't yet picked it up, but I will get to it eventually. Verdict: It stays
  • The Last Slayer by Nadia Lee - Demons, demon hunters and dragons. What could be more interesting? I'm sad that so far there's no plans to continue with the series, but I'm still intrigued enough to want to read this. Verdict: Moved to the maybe shelf

Scarlet by A. C. GaughenWorlds Burn Through by Vicki KeireExiled by RaShelle WorkmanBetrayal by Mayandree MichelClan Rathskeller by Kevin Hearne


  • Scarlet by A. C. Gaughen - As I said in a previous post, I'm all for Robin Hood retellings these days, as I was when I was a kid, so I'm sure I'll eventually read this book. Verdict: It stays
  • Worlds Burn through by Vicki Keire - I am not sure why I haven't yet read this book. I was intrigued by it from the first moment I heard about it, and I'm curious about it very, very much. Verdict: It stays
  • Exiled by RaShelle Workman - This book has such a pretty cover, guys! I know why I was interested in reading it, but something always held me back, and even now I feel a little something that's keeping me from saying "this will be my next read". I'm ready to be surprised though, so I'm not removing this one just yet, at least not completely. Verdict: Moved to the maybe shelf
  • Betrayal by Mayandree Michel - Mythology is among my favorite subjects to read about, and I probably won't ever get tired of reading about it. I'm curious to see exactly which myth inspired this book, and even though I haven't found any news concerning the third book, I am planning on reading this first book at least. Verdict: It stays
  • Clan Rathskeller by Kevin Hearne - I've seen The Iron Druid Chronicles series around for a while now, and I'm going to start things off with this short story. Verdict: It stays


Bright Young Things by Anna GodbersenSlow Ride by Erin McCarthyRippler by Cidney SwansonThe Dressmaker by Kate AlcottThe Cowboy Takes a Bride by Lori Wilde

  • Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen - The cover drew my eye, and the mention of flappers, 1920s, and jazz has me intrigued. I'm hoping this isn't anything like Gossip Girl, though, which is my main reason for putting off reading this book. I saw some trusted reviewers loving this book, so I'll try to read it sooner. Verdict: It stays
  • Slow Ride by Erin McCarthy - Many years ago I was suuuuper into sports romances, which is around the time I discovered the Fast Track series. I didn't keep up with the series once I passed that reading mood, which isn't something I'm proud of, since I really enjoyed the books I've read previously. And since I've decided this year is going to be full of re-reads, maybe this is a good time to finally get to read this book. Verdict: It stays
  • Rippler by Cidney Swanson - I have no memory of adding this book. Reading the blurb didn't really help with that either, but that's not such a big surprise at over 2800 books on my TBR. That being said, I read some reviews that mention a few of my pet peeves, and that made me lose interest in reading this book, at least right now. Who knows, maybe one day I'll decide to read it, but so far I don't see that happening. Verdict: It goes
  • The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott - I swear I didn't decide this morning that I was going to have two books based on the sinking of the Titanic on one of my blog posts, but I guess that's what happened here. Normally I'd be all over this book, but the blurb doesn't really help me understand exactly what the book is about. Is it about Tess and her life before and after the sinking, or is it Lady Lucile Duff Gordon, or the apparent love triangle Tess finds herself in? I don't like this uncertainty, and the few reviews I've read aren't really helping with getting me in the mood to read this book. Verdict: It goes
  • The Cowboy Takes a Bride by Lori Wilde - There's no real reason why I haven't yet read this book. None. I have no idea how to explain this. It has everything I like: bull riders, cowboys, a ranch, a city girl, so I should probably just get on with it already, right? Right. Verdict: It stays

***

Out of the 20 books I went over today, I moved 2 in the Maybe shelf and deleted 4, which means I now have 2843 books on my shelf. I'm making progress here. Slow, slow progress.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...