Monday, January 28, 2019

Down The TBR Hole #11: The Adult Edition

Down The TBH Hole @ Ruby's Books

Hello dear book lovers and welcome to another post in the Down The TBR Hole feature hosted by the awesome Lia.

Today we're starting this post with 2845 books. The books on today's list are exclusively adult books, which is something I haven't seen happen in a while. I'll be honest, just eyeing the books on today's list, I don't really believe I'll make that much of a progress in taking books off my TBR list, but we'll see. Maybe I'll surprise myself. Let's start!



The Mercenary by Cherry AdairNo Mercy by Lori G. ArmstrongBorder Bride by Arnette LambPride Mates by Jennifer AshleyCorralled by Lorelei James

  • The Mercenary by Cherry Adair - I believe I've read a few of the T-FLAC books, but I didn't start with book 1. I can't really explain why, but I am planning on correcting that mistake soon. Verdict: It stays
  • No Mercy by Lori G. Armstrong - I'm a huge fan of Lorelei James, so when I heard many, many years ago that she was writing suspense under the Lori G. Armstrong pen name I knew I had to read these books. Unfortunately time happened and these books sort of fell through the cracks, but I will be reading them soon. Verdict: It stays
  • Border Bride by Arnette Lamb - One of my favorite historical romances is The Chieftan by Arnette Lamb and I've been meaning to read all of her books for a long time. I think I discovered that book back in high school, and I haven't really been able to get my very high expectations in check long enough to actually do just what I had planned. Add in the fact that since these books were published in the early 90s and they're not that easy to find in good condition with the original cover, and you can guess why it's taken me more than a decade to dive into her entire bibliography. I'll do it though, before the year is over. Of this I'm sure! Verdict: It stays
  • Pride Mates by Jennifer Ashley - Back in the day, 20 year-old me was in love with anything shifters. Point me in the direction of any long series with shifters and I'd grab all the books and move into a dark, hidden cave, only reemerging once I was done with the very last one. 30 year-old me, however, is more cautious for some reason. Over the years I've tried to read this book, but for some reason it never felt like the right time. I don't see this changing anytime soon, so I think I'm going to do the thing and move it on the Maybe shelf. What can I say, I'm a hopeful kind of person.Verdict: Moved on the Maybe shelf
  • Corralled by Lorelei James - I don't really have an explanation as to why I haven't yet read this book, seeing as I have read a few books from the series. I guess it's time for me to change that.Verdict: It stays

Firelight by Kristen CallihanWild Irish Christmas by Mari CarrRed Hot Fury by Kasey MacKenzieGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain ReynardWicked Little Lies by Lora Leigh

  • Firelight by Kristen Callihan - My relationship with steampunk novels has been, shall we say, strained at best. I think I can honestly name just one novel I truly enjoyed in the genre, with that novel also being the only one I managed to finish reading, and I swear I've tried many times over the years to get into the genre. Sadly, I don't think Firelight will do the trick for me. Verdict: It goes
  • Wild Irish Christmas by Mari Carr - I've been meaning to get back into the Wild Irish world for a while now, but I never quite found the right time. I have a feeling this year will be a year of revisiting old favorites, so I'll try to squeeze this series in. Verdict: It stays
  • Red Hot Fury by Kasey MacKenzie - We all know I love me some urban fantasy, and especially when it involves creatures I've ever read before. I don't think I've read a book about Furies before, so this book definitely gets bumped a little on my TBR. Verdict: It stays
  • Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard - I added this book back in 2012, and then I proceeded to avoid it ever since. It was never on purpose, I just wasn't in the right mood for it. Later I started reading some of the reviews made by bloggers whose opinions and thoughts I trust, and my interest faded even more. Verdict: It goes
  • Wicked Little Lies by Lora Leigh - What is your bookish unicorn? Mine has always been one of those books that seem to have been forgotten, the ones that were never written. I don't have a book unicorn, I have an entire stable of them. And while Wicked Little Lies was eventually written, back in 2015, I'm still in that "will I ever get to read this" stage. Because my expectations are so high, I feel sort of obligated to push this book back a little. I will get to it, but I don't know when exactly. Probably when I'll manage to forget that Jazz was the one that helped Jessie get over the loss of the love of her life, or when I'll manage to forget the last scene of Loving Lies, with Jazz at the bonfire looking at Annie and making her blush. Considering I've read Loving Lies back in 2010, and I still remember it so vividly, I know I need to get a very tight hold of my expectations before diving into the other two books in this series.Verdict: It stays
***

As predicted, a lot of the books I went through today stayed on the TBR, with only 2 being removed and one moved to the Maybe shelf. This brings my total books in my TBR down to 2842. I hope next week will be a more productive week, to be honest. I'm actually hoping that when I get to the last books on my TBR, I'll have managed to get that shelf down to 2500 books, or around that number, between deciding which books I want to read and actually finding the time to read some backlist books. Until then, see you next time!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...